Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe add a Homework section?
It's something I saw before on a xenfro Nintendo forum back in the day. Since I've seen an uptick in homework threads in the personal section, I thought I'd make this suggestion & see where things go.
[Image: yamiyu10.png]

[Image: d7vij96-a63b17ec-74ef-44a5-bdfc-2e70814679ca.gif] [Image: orgxiii_roxas_stamp_by_xselfdestructive-d31xvow.gif] [Image: 9f6ed7ab86783c057973c1b2caa35f9a-d4927wj.png][Image: jam_those_tunes_by_northboundfox-d4dz2bk.png]
My Awards
x1 (2017)
My Items
[-] The following 3 users Like Yami Yugi 's post:
  • Detective Osprey, Dust Bowl , queenzelda
Aww, you beat me to making this suggestion myself. XD But, yea with so many different members starting homework threads, maybe a section for it might be in order? :3
[Image: queenzelda.gif]

[Image: skylanders_trap_master_queenzelda_by_que...cjlsa2.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 (2017, 2018) x4 x1
My Items
Rosey Oceanus Jadzia Julian Buddy Marcus
[-] The following 1 user Likes queenzelda 's post:
  • Detective Osprey
I like this idea.
[Image: 320?cb=20190411152959]
“If standing up against the climate and ecological breakdown and for humanity is against the rules then the rules must be broken.”
Greta Thunberg
[Image: 610565122489974948.png?v=1]
Ask. | Art and writing. | Random crap.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Silvady Dodekabashi Fiarow Pigeot Junaiper Odoridori Blu Bebe Venom Black Hole Fenrir Swift Iolite Stoney Agilberta Broigheall
Sure, let's shove the nerds into a corner ;)
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.

Die poster! You don't belong in this board!

What is a signature? A miserable little pile of secrets! Enough talk! Scroll down already!

[Image: Luftsiggy.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly Shadow Fangs Winter Ivy Twin Terror Icecraft Clawy Spookz Triple Threat Beezy Icefolk Heavenfolk Waterfolk Firefolk
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dust Bowl 's post:
  • Detective Osprey
I suggest we put this under the Private Lounge, just to be on the safe side of things. Good idea though.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x2
My Items
We had a section like this a long time ago on the old board, or something like it at least.

I have no issues with bringing it back, if there's demand for it.
[Image: CCcP1lA.png]

Quote:
CJ: Also, you can solve walls faster than [Donald Trump] can build them. So there's that.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2012) x1 (2016) x1 (2017) x1 x1 x6 x6 x3 x1 x3 x4
My Items
Cashew Petal Tictac Moxie
Thanks for the suggestion :) .

I think it's a nice idea; however, before I add it, I have two questions to ask:

1) Would anybody use it? As @ Pyrite correctly mentions, we did have a "Homework Help" section on the old board way back when; however, it was removed because it was almost never used. Unfortunately, I don't see any reason why things would be any different if we were to add it on here :( . I am open to compelling arguments as to why things would be different this time, but I don't want to "just give it a chance" if there's little hope of success: right now, I'm trying to get rid of extraneous sections, not add even more!

2) Are we even qualified to provide this kind of help to begin with? Sure, if it was high school-level help, then I could give it a go; however, if it was college-level, then I'd be of no use whatsoever with any subject other than mathematics - and even then, I'm pretty rusty, since I graduated over half a decade ago :( .

As I said, I like the idea, and I'd be very open to adding this is if there was a proven demand for it (for example, if multiple members here were asking for homework help on a regular basis), and if we had people qualified to provide the required level of help for a wide range of subjects. However, if there's no good reason to think that it would be used (or if there are large gaps in our ability to help out), then I don't wish to add a "Homework" section just for the sake of having one.

I hope that's clear :) !
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kyng's post:
  • Pyrite