Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Writing My Own Works
I myself am a longtime writer. I mostly write teen fiction or a mix of thriller/horror type stuff. I seldom write romance due to a bad past in seeing for myself how much it can take over a plot in a story. Anyway, here is a new one I am working on. It is in spoiler tags for space reasons. 

Enjoy!

Spoiler

That's it for part one. I will post more in a day or two. Hope you enjoy it. Yes, it is turning more romance but that's okay this time. Thanks for reading this. 
My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 4 users Like Kim Winchester's post:
  • Detective Osprey, Dust Bowl , Kyng, Shiny Star
Previously in our story....

Amy, who had been in a online friendship with a guy only known as HeartofGold asks her for a meet face to face at the playground. Amy is stunned by this but does agree to go along with it.

Amy's brother, Steve suggests going with her, but she refuses trusting her gut on the meet being safe. He does leave the offer open in case she gets into trouble.

The next morning, Amy is quick to get ready and then abruptly leaves, knowing her father and brother both have to work until late that night.

She is shocked to learn her penpal is none other than her brother's best friend, Jacen. The two develop a friendship as they spend the day together, but by the end of the day it begins to deepen.

Jacen takes her home just in time to discover Amy's father and brother are already home, but something is wrong.

Quote: Amy was quick to ask, "What's going on? You both usually work late on weekends."

"I received a message from Steve's doctor asking me to call him as soon as possible. I did the minute I got home which was two hours ago." Her father went on to explain then. "Amy, your brother has a irreversible heart condition. They said he only has a few months left to live."

All  of the color seemed to leave her face just then and she fell back on the couch. Her eyes immediately closed as her world went dark. 

And now, here is chapter 2(part 2) of Test of Friendship.

Spoiler

To Be Continued.....
My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 2 users Like Kim Winchester's post:
  • Detective Osprey, Kyng
Yeah, I definitely agree with you on the whole 'romance' thing: unless it's specifically a romantic story, it's tough to balance it with the other elements of the work. Some of my RPGs have romances in them, and while those are fun, they often end up taking over the entire RPG, at the expense of the other elements of it -_- !

Anyway, this is great so far. I'm looking forward to seeing more of it :) !
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kyng's post:
  • Kim Winchester
Thank you so much! 

Continuing on.....

Spoiler

Sorry for splitting part 2. I had a slight case of writer's block. This came to me rather quickly this evening. I will work on part 3 tomorrow.
My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kim Winchester's post:
  • Detective Osprey
Hey Guys! I do apologize for not updating this story sooner. A lot has been going on between my washer breaking down and getting sick a few times due to high blood sugar. Diabetes sucks! Anyway, here is chapter 3!

Spoiler

To Be Continued
My Awards
My Items
The conclusion of chapter 3.

Spoiler
My Awards
My Items
And now....chapter 4.

Spoiler
My Awards
My Items
My next one is a backstory type of thing. It is another original story and no its not a short story. Its in the POV of the main character in it.

Spoiler

This is just the opening. I am still writing this. More still to come!
My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kim Winchester's post:
  • Shiny Star