Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did you find TCH?
Through Caludin, definitely. Kyng was a regular poster when I last checked, and I'd then heard that the ZetaBoards original was going to be dropped in favor of MyBB. That was pretty interesting, considering how active the old forum was.

It seems Discord gets a lot of traction, too, but it's pretty much a widespread medium. But, I personally don't use Discord, just as I avoid Facebook and Twitter like the plague.
My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Digital Dictator's post:
  • Dust Bowl
Well, the Discord doesn't get that much traction, if I'm being honest: it's mostly just used for cat GIFs :P . I generally prefer forums myself (especially for more long-form stuff that I want to stick around and be accessible!)

But, yeah: the decision to switch to MyBB was an easy one. I thought it was the most similar software to ZB that still represented an upgrade over it (I thought ProBoards and Jcink both represented a downgrade from ZB, while XenForo was biting off more than we could chew)
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Pyrite Wrote:"It's called the Island of Sodor, not Hodor."

(In response to me misreading "Game of Thrones" as "Game of Thomas")

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
(04-15-2019, 09:16 AM)Kyng Wrote: I thought ProBoards and Jcink both represented a downgrade from ZB
Only that John couldn't be bothered upgrading the software let alone the HTML side of things. Also, I thought ProBoards was an advancement to ZB. I mean, it had the alerts thing and mobile-friendly technology as built-in features whereas some random person had to write codes for them, or pretty much anything else to make ZB more "modern" but it was still behind the times, because our friend Brandon neglected all development.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x2
My Items
(04-15-2019, 03:07 PM)BrynStevens Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 09:16 AM)Kyng Wrote: I thought ProBoards and Jcink both represented a downgrade from ZB
Only that John couldn't be bothered upgrading the software let alone the HTML side of things. Also, I thought ProBoards was an advancement to ZB. I mean, it had the alerts thing and mobile-friendly technology as built-in features whereas some random person had to write codes for them, or pretty much anything else to make ZB more "modern" but it was still behind the times, because our friend Brandon neglected all development.

To be honest, Brandon talked about having a mobile app some where around 2007-2009 (I forget the exact year) to the staff, He was in talks with TapaTalk at that time to make a mobile app for us. I don't know what happend for the next decade to get to the point where it did.

WARNING: ACCORDING TO @ 321tumbler this poster may cause diabetes

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”
Aristotle (maybe)

The EU killed the Internet star
In my mind and in my phone, we can't rewind we've gone too far
Article 13 came and broke your heart
Put down the blame on copyright

My Awards
x1
My Items
Ducking
(04-15-2019, 03:11 PM)Lurker101 Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 03:07 PM)BrynStevens Wrote:

To be honest, Brandon talked about having a mobile app some where around 2007-2009 (I forget the exact year) to the staff, He was in talks with TapaTalk at that time to make a mobile app for us. I don't know what happend for the next decade to get to the point where it did.
Yeah, it's a pity that never happened :( . All I heard was there were some security issues, which it appears never got solved (and, by then, mobile forum access was moving away from Tapatalk anyway, and towards responsive design).

DaPizzaMan's responsive themes code was an excellent piece of work, but: a) being JS-based, it was only a partial solution to the problem, and b) it arrived too late to save ZB anyway :( .

Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

My Awards
My Items
I was first aware of this forum by seeing it advertised over at Universal Gaming, but joined after @ queenzelda told me how great it was.

Thanks, Queen :)
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.

[Image: Luftsiggy.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly
[-] The following 3 users Like Dust Bowl 's post:
  • Kyng, ObsessedwithBirds, queenzelda
I was first aware of this forum by seeing it advertised over at Universal Gaming, but joined after @ Dust Bowl told me how great it was I needed to join.

Thanks, Dusty :)
Now everyone you know who to blame for me :P

WARNING: ACCORDING TO @ 321tumbler this poster may cause diabetes

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”
Aristotle (maybe)

In my mind and in my phone, we can't rewind we've gone too far
Article 13 came and broke your heart
Put down the blame on copyright

My Awards
x1
My Items
Ducking
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lurker101 's post:
  • ObsessedwithBirds
Veteran from the OG.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x1 (2016) x1
My Items
(04-22-2019, 11:38 PM)Lurker101 Wrote: I ... joined after @ Dust Bowl told me how great it was I needed to join.

To be honest, I think this is going to be basically the entire thread pretty soon :lol: !

Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kyng's post:
  • Lurker101
(05-05-2019, 03:29 AM)JHG Wrote: Veteran from the OG.

Same here.
[Image: OuIRjx0.png]
"A girl cannot tell a man when exactly he must do a thing. A man cannot make a thing happen before it is time."
My Awards
My Items