Poll: Winner?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
IRA
0%
0 0%
Green Berets
100.00%
3 100.00%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green Berets vs IRA
Green Berets
[Image: Green%2Bberets.jpg]
Fighting men who fly to death, they’re the brave men...of the Green Berets!
IRA
[Image: f6ec83b6bd3f1c17a0f6e1847ce7fd3a.jpeg]
The paramilitary gang whose members have a sworn blood oath to unite all of Ireland and kill those who resist.

Two opponents to the Spetsnaz now face off! I know this isn’t part of the cross posting contest but whatever.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x1 (2016) x1
My Items
I think it plays out similarly to the Spetsnaz vs IRA battle only with the Green Berets replacing the Spetsnaz.
My Awards
My Items
Well, all topics here count towards the cross-posting contest, even if they aren't cross-posts. So, this still counts :)

Anyway, I don't have any reason to argue with that, so I guess I'll go with the Green Berets.
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kyng's post:
  • JHG
Weapon comparison:
AR-15 vs M4A1 carbine-They operate in a similar fashion but the M4 is more advanced. Green Berets wins.
SIG Sauer P226(I used this instead of the Webley revolver that Deadliest Warrior picked but I’m not 100% sure how accurate this choice is.) vs Beretta pistol-Not sure on this one for now.
Nail bomb vs M67 grenade-Nails hurt badly. IRA wins.
LPO-Flamethrower vs Mossberg shotgun-The shotgun’s faster and less clumsy. Green Berets wins.
Kitchen knife(I dunno what melee weapon IRA troops would most likely use.) vs Blackhawk Tatang. While the kitchen knife is lethal, the Blackhawk Tatang was designed as a weapon. Very slight edge to Green Berets.
In addition to better weapons, the Green Berets are professionals at their game. The IRA are just paramilitary.
My Awards
My Items
(07-09-2018, 04:15 PM)JHG Wrote: Weapon comparison:
AR-15 vs M4A1 carbine-They operate in a similar fashion but the M4 is more advanced. Green Berets wins.
HKG3 sniper rifle vs M24 sniper rifle-HKG3 has better maximum range, slightly better muzzle velocity and far faster rounds per minute. IRA wins. 
SIG Sauer P226(I used this instead of the Webley revolver that Deadliest Warrior picked but I’m not 100% sure how accurate this choice is.) vs Beretta pistol-Not sure on this one for now.
Nail bomb vs M67 grenade-Nails hurt badly. IRA wins.
LPO-Flamethrower vs Mossberg shotgun-The shotgun’s faster and less clumsy. Green Berets wins.
Kitchen knife(I dunno what melee weapon IRA troops would most likely use.) vs Blackhawk Tatang. While the kitchen knife is lethal, the Blackhawk Tatang was designed as a weapon. Very slight edge to Green Berets.
In addition to better weapons, the Green Berets are professionals at their game. The IRA are just paramilitary.
My Awards
My Items
(07-05-2018, 06:15 AM)JHG Wrote: I think it plays out similarly to the Spetsnaz vs IRA battle only with the Green Berets replacing the Spetsnaz.

I also go with the Green Berets but doubt the IRA will fight as a real army, the like placing bombs, ambushing people and doing hit and run tactics.
| http://alternate-timelines.proboards.com | home of a small but active alternate history community |
My Awards
My Items
(08-02-2018, 03:13 AM)JHG Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 04:15 PM)JHG Wrote: In addition to better weapons, the Green Berets are professionals at their game. The IRA are just paramilitary.

/thread
[Image: jZ4Jrps.png]
[Image: HF77bDx.png]
My Awards
x1 (2018)
My Items
Tranquility Galaxy Spooks Eremurus Antarctica Yhii Aesop Sorrow Lonely Archimedes Secret Whisper Dream Oddity Fortress Strange Stratosphere Purgatory Halloween Sadness
(08-02-2018, 03:17 AM)Lordhen Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 06:15 AM)JHG Wrote: I think it plays out similarly to the Spetsnaz vs IRA battle only with the Green Berets replacing the Spetsnaz.

I also go with the Green Berets but doubt the IRA will fight as a real army, the like placing bombs, ambushing people and doing hit and run tactics.

Those were tried on the Spetsnaz. Since the Green Berets are as powerful as the Spetsnaz, there’s only so much the IRA can do.
My Awards
My Items
I guess nobody’s going to root for the IRA. The Green Berets are better trained, better equipped, better nourished and just better in general.
PS Someone tell me how accurate the weapons comparison was. It was slightly based on Deadliest Warrior’s analysis but with a few revisions.
My Awards
My Items