Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ZetaBoards -> Tapatalk Transfers Updates
(08-10-2018, 06:43 PM)Yami Yugi Wrote: I'll assume tapatalk will delete the wrong support board since there are two & the later will just transfer over to a TaT board. :P

One can hope. Or maybe they'll delete their main TapaTalk support forum by mistake: I wouldn't put anything past them at this stage :lol: !
[Image: dbEb7eE.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)

Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x1 x3 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kyng's post:
  • BrynStevens
Someone's either trolling or took an insult at those not happy with TT.
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatalk...ml#p209953
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThA1gowquN5v4r388-VQv...5iS5WvSi9s]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2016) x2 x1
My Items
Barry
Clearly its a troll sh1t post. I mean come on, throw me a harder one would ya man.
[Image: yamiyu10.png]

[Image: Yami_sprite.png] [Image: orgxiii_roxas_stamp_by_xselfdestructive-d31xvow.gif] [Image: 9f6ed7ab86783c057973c1b2caa35f9a-d4927wj.png][Image: jam_those_tunes_by_northboundfox-d4dz2bk.png] [Image: look_funny_by_claire_stamps.png]
My Awards
x1 (2017)
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yami Yugi's post:
  • queenzelda
Okay, so one of the last ZetaBoards forums I was on got converted to TapaTalk a few days ago. Today, I visited that forum for the first time since the conversion - and, this morning, I found I had a whole crapload of emails about activity on that board :facepalm:

It seems like I've been auto-subscribed to email notifications on that board, because I definitely never clicked anything giving them permission to use my email address for this purpose. (Do note that, under GDPR, an automatic opt-in is not considered a valid form of consent :thinking: ....)

Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

My Awards
x1 x3 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items
Yeah, they auto-default everything on, and it's horribly annoying.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThA1gowquN5v4r388-VQv...5iS5WvSi9s]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2016) x2 x1
My Items
Barry
I guess this is a dirty tactic just for make themselves known a bit more... well, far too much in this case. Attention-seekers really.
[Image: mCaffiliate.png]
A forum for the tech-savvy kind of people.
My Awards
x1 (2017)
My Items
I hope not <_< . If it is, then it may technically be illegal (at least, when used on EU citizens). 

Under GDPR, companies which want to use your personal data require a lawful basis on which to do so. There are six of these (Consent, Contract, Legal obligation, Vital interests, Public task, Legitimate interests) - but, consent and legitimate interests are the two that are relevant here. If they're using consent as their basis in this case, then they need something more than an automatic opt-in. Or, if they're using legitimate interests as their basis, it's hard to see how they could argue that spamming people's inboxes falls within their "legitimate interests" as a company. If they were sending occasional news updates, then I could see an argument for "legitimate interests" - but, not if they're sending automatic emails for every little thing. 

The funny thing is, when Brandon made his announcement post, one of the benefits he listed was "Robust GDPR support for European Union visitors". I'm not sure how that works :P !

My Awards
x1 x3 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items
IS hasn’t been moved yet, but that’s because I’ve basically closed the board, now that I’m back, I’ll start working on the new and improved version.
Come join the paleontological forum

Always head for the light. Head for The Light of Hope
My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 2 users Like Migatte's post:
  • BrynStevens , Kyng
(Yesterday, 06:45 PM)Migatte Wrote: IS hasn’t been moved yet, but that’s because I’ve basically closed the board, now that I’m back, I’ll start working on the new and improved version.

Great :) . I'll look forward to seeing it!

(All three of my boards are still on ZB. I'll be surprised if the theme test board ever gets converted, though - and it appears that my resource board from aaaages ago was missed in the InvisionFree to TapaTalk conversion :P )

My Awards
x1 x3 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items