Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subforum suggestions
One for Latin America would be appreciated.

What about a section for foreing-language topics? To teach and learn.
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.

Die poster! You don't belong in this board!

What is a signature? A miserable little pile of secrets! Enough talk! Scroll down already!

[Image: Luftsiggy.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly Shadow Fangs Winter Ivy Twin Terror Icecraft Clawy Spookz Triple Threat Beezy Icefolk Heavenfolk Waterfolk Firefolk
(03-27-2019, 07:36 PM)BrynStevens Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 07:26 PM)Lurker101 Wrote: There is already one there....
Crap, just realised :facepalm:

Well, how about this then... a subforum under Current Events and Politics, for things happening in South Africa and Nigeria (when there's UK/Ireland, US/Canada). If not, then how about China and Japan?  
Oh... 

@ Kyng go for it!
[Image: 320?cb=20190411152959]
My activity will be sparse, so if you need me, I’ll be on my discord or on Pokémon Reborn.

[Image: 610565122489974948.png?v=1]
Ask. | Art and writing. | Random crap.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Silvady Dodekabashi Fiarow Pigeot Junaiper Odoridori Blu Bebe Venom Black Hole Fenrir Swift Iolite Stoney Agilberta
(03-27-2019, 07:51 PM)Dust Bowl Wrote: One for Latin America would be appreciated.

What about a section for foreing-language topics? To teach and learn.
The Latin American sub-forum is one that I thought about in the past. It may happen down the line if the need for it emerges; however, I don't think it's needed right now.

I have thought about the foreign-language topics in the past; however, I never went ahead with it because it'd be a real pain to moderate. Especially if, say, someone joined up and started posting topics in a language that none of the staff can speak :( .

Though, if you (or anyone else) wants to post educational kinds of threads in the Linguists' Lounge, then go right ahead :) !
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
Deal :)
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.

Die poster! You don't belong in this board!

What is a signature? A miserable little pile of secrets! Enough talk! Scroll down already!

[Image: Luftsiggy.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly Shadow Fangs Winter Ivy Twin Terror Icecraft Clawy Spookz Triple Threat Beezy Icefolk Heavenfolk Waterfolk Firefolk
(03-27-2019, 07:24 PM)Pyrite Wrote: My Britishness won't allow you to name a subforum "soccer", can we call it Association Football as a compromise? :P

If you look in to the history of the term Soccer you will find 1) it came from the Brits, and 2) its the shorten form of "Association Football" (some how).

You only have your self to blame British guy! :P 
[/quote]
It's literally called "Sakkā" in Japanese. It sounds exactly like "soccer".
[Image: 320?cb=20190411152959]
My activity will be sparse, so if you need me, I’ll be on my discord or on Pokémon Reborn.

[Image: 610565122489974948.png?v=1]
Ask. | Art and writing. | Random crap.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Silvady Dodekabashi Fiarow Pigeot Junaiper Odoridori Blu Bebe Venom Black Hole Fenrir Swift Iolite Stoney Agilberta
Well, I'm planning to go with 'Soccer', simply because it's clearer and easier for a global audience to understand than 'Association Football'. I'm pretty certain that the average American member will know what 'soccer' is, but less certain that they'll know what 'Association football' is.

Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kyng's post:
  • Detective Osprey
I'll just have to grumble to myself about it, then. :P 

Anyway, I agree with the other changes. :)
[Image: CCcP1lA.png]

Quote:
CJ: Also, you can solve walls faster than [Donald Trump] can build them. So there's that.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2012) x1 (2016) x1 (2017) x1 x1 x6 x6 x3 x1 x3 x4
My Items
Cashew Petal Tictac Moxie
Okay, since it's been three days now (and two days since there was any discussion here), I've decided to go ahead with these changes.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone :) !

Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kyng's post:
  • Detective Osprey