Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Euro 2020 qualifying
England have been so brilliant recently. Ever since the World Cup started, we have improved so much and our players seem to be filled with passion and spirit.

Its a shame about the racism directed towards some players. Racism is disgusting and should end already. Hopefully the main racist suspects get indentified and charged.
Here is a link to my forum: https://tdhf.boards.net   TDHF has a variety of topics and a very friendly community.
My Awards
My Items
Well, Scotland have just been routed 4-0 by Belgium - and that essentially ends their hopes of qualifying :( :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49547009

Meanwhile, Northern Ireland have been knocked off the top of their group after a 2-0 loss to Germany - and San Marino will be inserting an obligatory Cyprus rant here, as they lost 4-0 to the European/Asian side :P .

However, there's quite a surprise in Group A. England are well out in front, topping the table with a game in hand... but, Kosovo are in second place :O . They're guaranteed to be in at least the play-offs, and they have a great chance of qualifying for the tournament.

Quite a meteoric rise, for a team that didn't even start playing officially until 2014!!!
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
I'm just having a look at the tables now, and there seem to be a few surprises this time around!

- Obviously, the one you mentioned about Kosovo. I would love to see them end up in the tournament, especially at the expense of the Czechs! :P (Group A)
- I don't expect this to last, but how about Luxembourg being ahead of Serbia? :lol: (Group B)
- Ukraine way ahead of Portugal! (Group B)
- Northern Ireland holding their own with the Germans and Dutch (Group C)
- I suppose Ireland being ahead of Denmark and Snoozerland... er... Switzerland isn't as much of a surprise, but I'm liking it nonetheless. ;) (Group D)
- Not sure if I'll call Hungary being in reach of first-place Croatia a surprise. I wonder if the Hungarians are poised to strike back towards former glories. (Group E)
- My friend Dani would call Romania being in reach of a playoff spot a surprise. He hasn't been overly impressed with his home country's performances, so maybe this run will give him something to cheer about. They do have to get past Sweden, though. (Group F)
- The fact that Group G is so close in general. Everyone in the group save last-place Latvia - who has been outscored 21-1 in the tournament - still has a shot at top spot, currently held by Poland, even including Israel and North Macedonia!
- Another "not sure if I'll call this a surprise." Turkey is equal with France and Iceland in points in Group H, where there seems to be the second-clearest distinction between haves and have-nots.
- No surprises in Group I, really. Belgium and Russia are ripping it up.
- Not surprised that Italy is top in Group J. Extremely surprised (and pleasantly so) that Finland is in second! Even more surprised at how low Greece is! :blink:
[Image: mmT4f1B.gif]
Spammers Beware! I got my bollockin' face on!

Spam Topics EXTERMINATED: 42
Apparently CJ thinks my linguistics reading collection is massive enough to be one of the 25 most massive objects in the Solar System :lol:
(07-30-2018, 07:07 PM)Kyng Wrote: Come to think of it, I'm surprised Jarkko's collection of linguistics reading material wasn't there :thinking: .
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 x2 (2015, 2017) x1 (2014) x2 x1 x1 x1
My Items
And, just as I mention how well Kosovo are doing, they're involved in a pretty crazy match against England, in which each side scored four goals. Sadly for Kosovo, one of theirs was an own goal - so, the final score was 5-3 to England :P :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/49376156

Still, it wasn't the blowout that it looked like it would be at half-time, when Kosovo were 5-1 down!
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
I jinxed Luxembourg. :P Serbia beat them 3-1. Hopefully without any idiocy from their fans. Also, Iceland tripped up a little, losing 4-2 to Albania, and the Czechs thwacked Montenegro 3-0, so they're up to second now <_<
[Image: mmT4f1B.gif]
Spammers Beware! I got my bollockin' face on!

Spam Topics EXTERMINATED: 42
Apparently CJ thinks my linguistics reading collection is massive enough to be one of the 25 most massive objects in the Solar System :lol:
(07-30-2018, 07:07 PM)Kyng Wrote: Come to think of it, I'm surprised Jarkko's collection of linguistics reading material wasn't there :thinking: .
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 x2 (2015, 2017) x1 (2014) x2 x1 x1 x1
My Items