Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourite music genre?
I don't have a specific genre that I like, but any tune that fits one of the latin or ballroom dances instantly goes up in my estimation. :P 

Indie is probably the one that fits my musical tastes the most, but I'm surprisingly okay with a lot of the older pop music.
[Image: CCcP1lA.png]

Quote:
CJ: Also, you can solve walls faster than [Donald Trump] can build them. So there's that.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2012) x1 (2016) x1 (2017) x1 x1 x6 x6 x3 x1 x3 x4
My Items
Cashew Petal Tictac Moxie
Pop pre-late-90s is good. The last great pop album, IMO, is probably Michael Jackson's Bad album, though. That album was amazing.

The 80s, while full of a lot of cheese, also had many of the all-time great pop and pop-rock albums. Actually, I think I'll write an op-ed about this in the music section. :P
[Image: mmT4f1B.gif]
Spammers Beware! I got my bollockin' face on!

Spam Topics EXTERMINATED: 42
Apparently CJ thinks my linguistics reading collection is massive enough to be one of the 25 most massive objects in the Solar System :lol:
(07-30-2018, 07:07 PM)Kyng Wrote: Come to think of it, I'm surprised Jarkko's collection of linguistics reading material wasn't there :thinking: .
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 x2 (2015, 2017) x1 (2014) x2 x1 x1 x1
My Items
(04-15-2019, 10:43 PM)Jarkko Wrote: Pop pre-late-90s is good. The last great pop album, IMO, is probably Michael Jackson's Bad album, though. That album was amazing.

The 80s, while full of a lot of cheese, also had many of the all-time great pop and pop-rock albums. Actually, I think I'll write an op-ed about this in the music section. :P

Bad is such a good album. Britney was an icon too.
[Image: 76561198120231752.png][Image: file.php?avatar=20987_1404052962.gif]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 x2
My Items
Eruption Headache Zach
(04-15-2019, 10:43 PM)Jarkko Wrote: Pop pre-late-90s is good. The last great pop album, IMO, is probably Michael Jackson's Bad album, though. That album was amazing.

Sure it was full of Cheese but it had some of the best cheese (which I define as "Interesting" at any way, or catchy, so bad its good, or just plain old good fun).
I mean come on you had an 80s hair metal rock band release a highly successful acoustic love ballad. (culturally 1990 was still the 80s)

You had a decade full of hits from Queen (which some cheese music videos)
Rick Astley's in what became of the first internet to break in to main stream popular culture with "Never Gonna Give You Up"
Asia, Journey
Taco's....weird retention of "Puttin' on the Ritz"
Falco's "Rock Me Amadeus"
Cutting Crew, WAM!, etc

WARNING: ACCORDING TO @ 321tumbler this poster may cause diabetes

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”
Aristotle (maybe)

The EU killed the Internet star
The EU killed the Internet star
In my mind and in my phone, we can't rewind we've gone too far
Article 13 came and broke your heart
Put down the blame on copyright

My Awards
x1
My Items
Ducking
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lurker101 's post:
  • Jarkko