Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vienna ranked "most livable city"
Austria https://mobilityexchange.mercer.com/Insi...g-rankings Austria

Globally, Vienna tops the ranking for the 10th year running, closely followed by Zurich, the runner-up. This year, Mercer provides a separate ranking on personal safety. Western Europe dominates the ranking, with Luxembourg named as the safest city in the world.

The top 10 cities are: 

RankCityCountry
1ViennaAustria Austria
2ZürichSwitzerland Switzerland
3=VancouverCanada Canada
3=MunichGermany Germany
3=AucklandNew Zealand New Zealand
6DüsseldorfGermany Germany
7FrankfurtGermany Germany
8CopenhagenDenmark Denmark
9GenevaSwitzerland Switzerland
10BaselSwitzerland Switzerland

There is more information here - although, sadly, not a lot more on the methodology :( . Given that these rankings apparently take into account 39 different factors, I'd be interested to learn more. 

Anyway, it seems as though Central Europe has done very well in this. I'm surprised its cities are above Scandinavia's - although, I suppose they aren't as expensive :P .
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kyng's post:
  • Shiny Star
From the thread's title only, a song from Ultravox came to mind :P

But anyway, this is interesting. Must be a lot of nice things down there, nevermind the scenery which would be typical for most of Austria though. I guess there'd be low crime rate there also which is even better I think.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x1
My Items
No Montreal? I guess the Anti-English thing is starting to catch up, huh?
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.
My Awards
x1 (2018) x1
My Items
All these ares are influence by German (over) engineering and efficiently, sans one. Vancouver... and well most people would say Vancouver is not a livable city due to how high rent is there (thanks to Chinese "inverters" buying everything up and jacking up the prices).
“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”
Aristotle (maybe)
My Awards
x1
My Items
(03-14-2019, 03:16 PM)Dust Bowl Wrote: No Montreal? I guess the Anti-English thing is starting to catch up, huh?

Yeah, that surprised me. There are lots of major cities that weren't covered in this survey: the only UK cities to be included were London, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, and Belfast. 

So, there are more Scottish cities than English ones - which I guess lends credence to your theory :lol: !

(03-14-2019, 03:19 PM)Lurker101 Wrote: All these ares are influence by German (over) engineering and efficiently, sans one. Vancouver... and well most people would say Vancouver is not a livable city due to how high rent is there (thanks to Chinese "inverters" buying everything up and jacking up the prices).

Same thing can be said about the Swiss cities, at the very least. (I mean, I don't know whether that's why they're so expensive - but, they are!)
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
(03-14-2019, 06:42 PM)Kyng Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 03:19 PM)Lurker101 Wrote: All these ares are influence by German (over) engineering and efficiently, sans one. Vancouver... and well most people would say Vancouver is not a livable city due to how high rent is there (thanks to Chinese "inverters" buying everything up and jacking up the prices).

Same thing can be said about the Swiss cities, at the very least. (I mean, I don't know whether that's why they're so expensive - but, they are!)

1) Its because there is a chance you find all that "missing" WW2 gold
2) Banking conspiracy?
3)????
4) PROFIT :P

(also natural defenses from invasion, scenic views I would assume Oh and holding the HQ of many international NGOs and UN programs such as ICAO, WHO, WMO, etc https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_in..._in_Geneva )
“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”
Aristotle (maybe)
My Awards
x1
My Items
Your tinfoil hat must be getting red hot, man ;) :P
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.
My Awards
x1 (2018) x1
My Items