Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More young adults living with parents
Solar panels can save a lot of money in the long run, especially in sunnier countries, but you need to invest in thousands to begin with. It’s similar to when they changed to double glazed windows, it costs to do them but can save money on heating. You won’t see this save immediately. Either way, it’s better for the environment.

I saw about young adults living with parents in the news too. There’s probably many factors that contribute to this. Housing prices have raised, there’s more of an emphasis on university and it costs more to go now. I still live with my family but I’m still young (20 years old). I understand why people choose to do this as they need to build funds. My older brother moved away for uni for 6 years and came back for a year or so before moving out again. Different people have different paces and there’s not always a need. It can restrict you socially at times but whatever.

As much as I hate it sometimes, I don’t intend on moving out until I’ve settled myself a bit and finished with uni. I want to be able to have enough money to support myself and to focus on my studies. My sister is 25 and still lives with us.
[Image: 76561198120231752.png][Image: file.php?avatar=20987_1404052962.gif]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 x2
My Items
Eruption Headache Zach
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shiny Star's post:
  • MegaphoneStallone
(02-11-2019, 11:15 PM)queenzelda Wrote: While that's true; I've watched way to many DIY shows that say it'll save you thousands. :P But it's probably to sell them to begin with. I also saw this one other HGTV show where this family was given a house where they wouldn't have to pay for any bills at all; cause everything was built into the house in order for them to be able to live off of rainwater; etc, etc. But, again probably was a way for the show to sell certain things to the people who were watching it. 

I'm lucky enough that my husband works in pharmacy & makes good money. It also helps that I saved a lot while I was younger & even now; so it probably evens out for us that things work out.
They totally will save you thousands - but only as a long term investment. :)

The only way they'd ever be worthwhile to someone who doesn't own the house they live in though, is if they are heavily subsidized though some government initiative. But that'd take governments wanting to act towards clean energy and well, here in Australia, we are run by the interests of the coal companies at the moment it'd seem.
My Awards
x1
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes MegaphoneStallone 's post:
  • Shiny Star
My Autistic daughter lives at home with us and probably will for her entire life.
My Awards
My Items
My girlfriend and I had to move back in with her parents a few years back. We currently cannot move out yet, we don't have enough money saved plus she currently doesn't have a job. (She's going back to school next month though!) I will say living with them has it's perks, but I really wish her and I could move out. My parents actually lived with my grandparents when I was a kid, we moved into our own place when I was 8 years old and that was back in the 1990s.
[Image: UlpiYU4.png?1]
My Awards
My Items
(04-15-2019, 11:59 PM)Ravenfreak Wrote: My parents actually lived with my grandparents when I was a kid, we moved into our own place when I was 8 years old and that was back in the 1990s.
Wow, that is kind of ridiculous -_- . I hope you two are able to move out sooner than your parents did!
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Pyrite Wrote:"It's called the Island of Sodor, not Hodor."

(In response to me misreading "Game of Thrones" as "Game of Thomas")

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
(04-16-2019, 01:09 AM)Kyng Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 11:59 PM)Ravenfreak Wrote: My parents actually lived with my grandparents when I was a kid, we moved into our own place when I was 8 years old and that was back in the 1990s.
Wow, that is kind of ridiculous -_- . I hope you two are able to move out sooner than your parents did! 

It’s better that than being homeless though. If that’s space, that’s good but I can imagine there’s less privacy with it that way. Either way, all you can do is build up funds.
[Image: 76561198120231752.png][Image: file.php?avatar=20987_1404052962.gif]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 x2
My Items
Eruption Headache Zach
You need to do what is best for you and what is right for you. You'll get no judgement from me.
My Awards
My Items
I'm 28 and I never stepped foot out of my parent's house until this year. I now live in an apartment with a close friend and we pay all the rent 50-50. We both have the same job and same job title too. I have no idea what my living plans will be when my friend goes down his own separate path, I'll likely either be living alone or with my parents once more.

One thing that comes to mind about living with parents still is relationships, I think it has been proven that most releationships nowadays don't last as long as they once did, so a lot of people moved in with SO's back then. Nowadays, since break-ups/divorces are such a common thing, I think people become more dependant on living with their family. Just a random musing, not stating factual information.
[Image: jCodesSig315.png]

[Image: nexads-pnbar.png]
My Awards
My Items
Okay, reading this makes me feel a little privileged. My parents have always owned their own home, as long as I remember at least. When my dad worked in software development, he was able to buy a small house for my grandparents, who were at the time stuck in a not so great care home. We don't have so much money anymore as a family, but we keep above water.

I moved out at 16 when I went to university, and properly moved out at 20 when my PhD started. I share a house with two other students, which helps with regards to rent and bills. Yeah, they're quite expensive, but they're not as much as my wages, and being a student means your earnings are tax-free, which kinda helps.
[Image: CCcP1lA.png]

Quote:
CJ: Also, you can solve walls faster than [Donald Trump] can build them. So there's that.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2012) x1 (2016) x1 (2017) x1 x1 x6 x6 x3 x1 x2 x4
My Items
Cashew Petal Tictac Moxie
I'm one of those still living with parents. Can't see that changing for the moment. >_o Of course I don't have the money to move out, yet there's also a big, rather over-complicated confidence issue for me.
My Awards
My Items
Begonia Rainlily Magnolia