Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fakemon Graphics Design Contest #1: Origami
Pink Ribbon 
A while back, @ BrynStevens posted some new Fakemon ideas in this thread, which sounded interesting; however, he didn't have any art for them. At the time, I suggested that I should start a contest to produce some art - although, since we already had a graphics design contest running at the time, I opted to hold off. Now, that contest has long since ended, so I think it's time we started one!

I'd like to do a different contest focused on each Fakemon, starting with the following: 

Quote:Tatamagushi (タタマグシ) - Creature based around origami (or even just a paper plane)

All you need to do here is design your own Tatmagushi. You can do it in any form you want: hand-draw it, do some digital art, or even make an origami model! Rest of the rules are as follows: 

• Each person can enter up to three works (however, only one will count towards the poll results);
  • Each entry must be your own work. You can use existing designs for inspiration, but you can't outright copy them;
  • There is already an origami Pokémon called Kartana - so, your entries must be substantially different from Kartana. It can't just be "Another form of Kartana" or "Kartana with some tweaks".
  • The contest closes on Sunday, 10th February 2019 at 11:59pm GMT. After this, a poll will be held to determine the winners;
  • Prizes are as follows:
    • 1st place: 1500 Coffee Credits, plus a Rosettepink Pink Ribbon if at least three people enter and the poll isn't tied;
    • 2nd place: 750 Coffee Credits
    • 3rd place: 350 Coffee Credits

Good luck, everyone :) !
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Pyrite Wrote:"It's called the Island of Sodor, not Hodor."

(In response to me misreading "Game of Thrones" as "Game of Thomas")
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kyng's post:
  • .bryn
This sounds like a pretty cool contest. It’s been ages since I’ve done some graphics or drawing so I intend to enter this. I just need to find time to make my entry.
[Image: 76561198120231752.png][Image: file.php?avatar=20987_1404052962.gif]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 x2
My Items
Eruption Headache Zach
I look forward to whoever enters this. Good luck to all ;)
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x2
My Items
It has been brought to my attention that there is already an origami Pokémon, called Kartana

Therefore, I have added a new rule: your entries must be substantially different from Kartana. It can't just be "Another form of Kartana" or "Kartana with some tweaks".

Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

My Awards
My Items
I was going to use him as base, so I guess I'm out, not good at scratch sprites. :(
[Image: ObsessedwithBirds.gif]
[Image: latest?cb=20190421043025][Image: 33?cb=20190413021943][Image: 45?cb=20190415085438]
Warui zo zurui zo akuyaku ihhihhi no hī
Obsessedwithbirds 
Ask. | Art. (updated 5/25) | Fanfics. (updated 5/24) | Random crap.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Silvady Dodekabashi Fiarow Pigeot Junaiper Odoridori Blu Bebe Venom Black Hole Fenrir
As I said earlier, I did not know that thing existed at the time I came up with the idea. Also, when anyone does design the Fakemon, do keep in mind of its evolved form: Kikarlu (where the motif of that is geometry/pixel art). Hope anyone understands :)
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x2
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes .bryn 's post:
  • Shiny Star
The deadline has been extended to Sunday, 10th February 2019.

I'm still intending to enter, but it's unlikely that I'll have time to do it this weekend.

My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kyng's post:
  • .bryn
Good to know. I thought everybody had forgotten about this :P
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x2
My Items
Here's my entry. I tried to combine paper planes and folding, and I figured I'd mix in a bit of a gremlin-sorta creature with it, so it has a cheeky sort of 'face'. I needed to get back into spriting, anyway!!

Imgur is being really annoying and making it look fuzzy, so I'll try and find a way to upload a cleaner version if I can.

[Image: OlO0rse.png]
[Image: CCcP1lA.png]

Quote:
CJ: Also, you can solve walls faster than [Donald Trump] can build them. So there's that.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2012) x1 (2016) x1 (2017) x1 x1 x6 x6 x3 x1 x2 x4
My Items
Cashew Petal Tictac Moxie
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pyrite's post:
  • Kyng
Here's my sad attempt in MS Paint: 

[Image: SxU9IVL.png]

I did start out with the aim of doing an 'origami version of Charizard', but it didn't quite turn out that way. I decided not to give it arms and legs, because I decided they'd look silly, and they didn't fit in with the 'origami' art style - so, when this thing isn't in the air, I guess it just slithers around :P

On the plus side, it does have a 'Thousand Paper Cuts' attack, where it swings its serrated paper tail at enemies and shreds them with it!

My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 2 users Like Kyng's post:
  • .bryn , Shiny Star