Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pokemon73's Pokemon News
Stay Updated with the newest Pokemon news!
October 9th, 2018

Video Games:

The Pokémon Company have announced that Sinnoh Pokémon are coming to Pokémon GO soon. With this there are some changes coming to the world of Pokémon GO. First, weather has a reduced rate on what Pokémon will appear. With this, more Pokémon will appear as you explore areas more and parks will contain more varied Pokémon. 
In addition to this, the CP values are being adjusted in the near future and Hit Points will be adjusted to lower the gaps between Pokémon with high and low HP. The stat system will also be adjusted to give benefits to more Defensive Pokémon and Defense values will be reduced.
For a list of all Generation IV Pokémon, check their Generation 4 section.

Details for the next Battle Competition have been announced. This is the Ultra Spooky Cup competition. This is a Single Battle Competition where players use various spooky related Pokémon including Ghost-types, Dark-types, and those which have been known to wear costumes, and more even allowing for some Legendary and Mythical Pokémon. For a full list of eligible Pokémon, check out their Online Competition Section. Mega Stones are not permitted. All Pokémon will be raised to Level 50 for the duration of the competition. Download Rules are now available for this competition in the Festival Plaza.
Registration runs from October 18th through October 25th 2018. Battles will run from October 26th through October 28th. 
All entrants who have played in 3 or more battles will get Shiny Mimikyu as a reward which will be distributed in November

Pokémon Shuffle has begun Week 11 of its event cycle. This cycle continues the Escalation Battle from last week as well as the following stages that will run for a week
The Ultra Challenge Stage is a stage for Zygarde Complete Forme
The Great Challenge Stages are Blissey (Winking), Cradily, Chimchar (Winking), Manaphy & Talonflame
The Daily Pokémon are Oricorio Sensu Style, Pyukumuku, Oricorio Baile Style, Mudbray & Dartrix
There's a One Chance Per Day stage for Frillish (Female)
There's a Competitive stage for Mega Alakazam
In addition to this, there's a Pokémon Safari containing Oddish, Abra, Tauros, Bounsweet, Gloom, Kadabra, Steenee, Vileplume, Alakazam & Tsareena which will run for two weeks.

To read more on today's news, click here
Youtube / Twitter / Old AMA / New AMA
[Image: Pokemon73.jpg]
Gaming info:
Spoiler
Random info about me here:
Spoiler
I love Pokemon73 forever <3
My Awards
x1 x2 x1 x1 x1 x8 x1 x1
My Items
Daniel
October 10th, 2018

Video Games:

The latest trailer for Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! & Let's Go, Eevee! has been released. This trailer features more about Meltan showcasing that Meltan is received exclusively through a special Mystery Box. The Mystery Box is obtained when you send a Pokémon from GO to Let's Go. From there, Meltan will start to appear in GO and can be captured for a limited time, around 30 minutes. When the time is up, the Mystery Box is closed and you need to send another Pokémon to Let's Go to get another after a set amount of time. You can then send it to Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee. Meltan will feature in Special Research missions this Winter in Pokémon GO. At present it's not clear if that Special Research is exclusive to players who have connected to Let's Go
It also showcases a possible new form or even evolution of Meltan in the second trailer

Other:

The mobile game, Magikarp Jump, has received a new patch update. This patch alters the game for to allow for you to exchange tickets in the exchange office without being online. This update brings the game to Version 1.3.5

Gaming info:
Spoiler
Spoiler
My Awards
x1 x2 x1 x1 x1 x8 x1 x1
My Items
Daniel
October 11th, 2018

Video Games:

It has been announced that, starting tomorrow, a special Poké Ball Scavenger Hunt is coming to the mobile title Animal Crossing Pocket Camp. During this, various Eevee related items are being added. This is the first crossover of Pokémon and Animal Crossing since the Pokémon Pocket Pikachu was an item in Animal Crossing on the Gamecube. They'll bring full details as they come
love this btw gonna have a campsite full of eevee :P

A new event has begun. From now until 20:00 UTC tomorrow, to celebrate International Day of the Girl, more female Pokémon will appear in the wild and, with this, Shiny Nidoran Female, Nidorina and Nidoqueen can also be found in the wild. Shiny Pikachu, Clefairy and Wobbuffet are amongst those spawning. As always, they've created their Event Section for this event

A new patch is rolling out for Pokémon GO on Android and soon to be iOS devices. This patch brings the game up to Version 1.93.1. This update adds a variety of changes and fixes, most notably is that it adds data in for Generation IV Pokémon meaning we're waiting for the server side elements to update to give the Pokémon stats before they can go live. 
With it, there are also a number of Quality of Life fixes including: The ability to stack notifications of the same kind so they don't just run on for a long time. Notifications no longer block the Pokémon GO Plus button. The Pokémon encounter text is also different when a wild Pokémon appears. You can also now select multiple Pokémon at once when creating a Gym/Raid battle team

The Psychic Spectacular event, currently running in Pokémon GO, is due to end at 20:00 UTC on Sunday, October 14th. This event includes some unique Field Research focused on Psychic-type Pokémon as well as increased Psychic-type Pokémon spawns. For full details of this event, check out their Psychic Spectacular page

Other:

The special Gym Cup, the Psychic Gym Cup has begun in Pokémon Duel. This Gym Cup increases the movement of Psychic-type figures and increases the White & Gold Attacks of Ghost-type Pokémon by 20. Within this, you can get the special Deoxys Normal Forme figure. It runs until October 15th 2018

Gaming info:
Spoiler
Spoiler
My Awards
x1 x2 x1 x1 x1 x8 x1 x1
My Items
Daniel
October 12th, 2018

Video Games:

A new event distribution has been announced. This event is to run in Pokémon Centers across Japan for players when they visit the stores in their birthday month. This distribution provides the Pokémon Chansey. If it's the month of your birthday,wheen you go to the Pokémon Center from November 16th 2018, you will receive a Serial Code to redeem in Let's Go, Pikachu! & Let's Go, Eevee!

It has been confirmed that Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! & Let's Go, Eevee! are to be playable in Paris Games Week on October 26th through to October 30th, being held in the Paris expo Porte de Versailles. This is the first time the game will be playable by the public in France. Once again this is the same demo that is going around the world right now, taking place in Viridian Forest

Within today's daily official post about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, a small bit of news was confirmed. It confirmed, in text only, that during Greninja's Final Smash, Greninja will in fact transform into its new form introduced in Pokémon Sun & Moon: Ash-Greninja. At present it's not clear if this is just aesthetic and the Final Smash remains the same as the previous game but they'll provide full details as they come

Other:

Following its surprise reveal yesterday, the special Pokémon collaboration event in Animal Crossing Pocket Camp has begun. This event runs from now until 06:00 UTC on October 23rd 2018 and has you hunt for various Poké Balls around the island in order to craft a variety of Eevee focused items. We're currently working on this event and will be continually updating their Animal Crossing Pocket Camp page so be sure to keep checking back. Plus to tie in with this event, special packs are available on the store. These allow for you to purchase Leaf Tickets and get a bonus amount of Poké Balls. The Poké Ball Hunt Pack S comes with 20 Leaf Tickets and 10 Poké Balls for £0.99 while the Poké Ball Hunt Pack L comes with 180 Leaf Tickets and 25 Poké Balls for £7.99/€9.99/$9.99. They have added a list of items and rewards and you are given the Eevee Hood for free

The first official permanent Pokémon Center outside of Japan since Pokémon Center New York closed down has been announced. From March 2019, a Pokémon Center will be open in JEWEL Airport Singapore and will feature Celebi as one of the mascots. It will contain the usual merchandise exclusive to Pokémon Center stores and also include its own unique merchandise

Gaming info:
Spoiler
Spoiler
My Awards
x1 x2 x1 x1 x1 x8 x1 x1
My Items
Daniel
October 13th, 2018

Video Games:

Today's Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu & Eevee play event in Seattle has been moved. Previously announced for Westlake Park in Seattle, the official listings now list the location as being in the Alderwood Mall. This event runs from 9am to 6pm Pacific Time

For those of you in the UK, the Shiny Poipole event is due to end on Monday. This event is obtained through Serial Code at Smyths Toy Stores and provides a Shiny Poipole with the moves Dragon Pulse, Venom Drench, Nasty Plot and Poison Jab and ties in with the Dragon Majesty TCG set. The rest of Europe will receive codes through the Pokémon Trainer Club Newsletter around October 19th

Gaming info:
Spoiler
Spoiler
My Awards
x1 x2 x1 x1 x1 x8 x1 x1
My Items
Daniel
October 15th, 2018

Video Games:

Nintendo UK have released a brand new trailer for Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! & Let's Go, Eevee! This trailer doesn't show too much new content in terms of information but does showcase various locales and scenes that haven't been seen before and also includes the first video showcase of the customisation you can do with the character at the start of the game with skintones. Also in addition to this, the first details have come out from a media tour game director Junichi Masuda held in Frankfurt Germany and in New York. Not much new information was revealed here, but to Polygon, Masuda mentioned that the post-game contains various Master Trainers, some really powerful trainers that you will have to power up your Pokémon to defeat. Finally the Spanish site, Vandal, elaborates on this further and states that there are 151 Master Trainers, one for each of the original Pokémon. Each of these will focus on the species of Pokémon at a high level so you have to defeat them all. So if you find the Squirtle Master Trainer, you will defeat him and gain the title

The previously announced stat alteration in Pokémon GO has begun. From now, all of your Pokémon will be displaying new CP values and often have different Hit Points meaning some Pokémon you have will require potions. We're currently collating all the new stats and will update our Pokémon GO section accordingly. The stats have now reverted back to how they were. Also three new boxes have gone live in the game
Special Box - 480 Coins - 3 Incubators, 2 Premium Raid Pass, 10 Pinap Berry, 20 Ultra Ball
Great Box - 780 Coins - 3 Incense, 5 Super Incubators, 1 Lucky Egg, 3 Premium Raid Pass
Ultra Box - 1480 Coins - 12 Super Incubator, 6 Premium Raid Pass, 9 Star Piece, 8 Lure Module

It has been confirmed that during the Community Day on October 21st 2018, if you evolve Metang into Metagross during the three hour window, your Metagross will know the charge move, Meteor Mash. The Community Day runs at the following times:
The Asia-Pacific region: 12:00 P.M. to 3:00 P.M. JST (GMT +9)
Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: 09:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M. UTC (GMT +0)
The Americas and Greenland: 11:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. PST (GMT -8)

Gaming info:
Spoiler
Spoiler
My Awards
x1 x2 x1 x1 x1 x8 x1 x1
My Items
Daniel
October 16th, 2018

Video Games:

Sinnoh Pokémon are now live in Pokémon GO. They're currently cataloguing all information for the Pokémon in the game so be sure to keep checking back for their updates. This is a staggered rollout with more Pokémon being added as time passes. At present, the Pokémon seemingly available are: Turtwig, Grotle, Torterra, Chimchar, Monferno, Infernape, Piplup, Prinplup, Empoleon, Starly, Staravia, Staraptor, Bidoof, Bibarel, Kricketot, Kricketune, Buneary, Lopunny, Chatot & Carnivine, with Chatot and Carnvine appearing to be regional exclusives

A part of the details for how to earn an invite to the 2019 Pokémon World Championships in Japan for VGC, some new details of upcoming online competitions have been announced. With these competitions, up to 100 players can earn an invite to the Pokémon Japan Championships 2019 where they fight it out to get an invite to the Pokémon World Championships. This is done through online competitions and with that, three new ones have been detailed
November brings the 2018 International Challenge November, which runs rules on the Sun Series of VGC 2019 which bans Mega Evolutions, Primal Reversions and Z-Crystals. The top 30 Japanese players earn an invite
February brings the 2019 International Challenge February, which runs rules of the Moon Series of VGC 2019 which bans Mega Evolutions, Primal Reversions and Ultra Necrozma. The top 30 Japanese players earn an invite
In April, the Japan only online competition, the Pokémon Japan Championships 2019 qualifiers will run, which run the Ultra Series of VGC 2019 which allows all Z-Crystals and Mega Evolutions. The top 40 players earn an invite
At present we have no further details as to the timing of these competitions but they'll provide full details as they come

Pokémon Shuffle has begun Week 12 of its event cycle. This cycle continues the Pokémon Safari from last week as well as the following stages that will run for a week
The Ultra Challenge Stage is a stage for Xurkitree
The Great Challenge Stages are Kingdra, Turtwig (Winking), Rhyperior, Togekiss (Winking) & Reshiram
The Daily Pokémon are Slurpuff (Winking), Audino (Winking), Togetic (Winking), Carbink (Winking) & Swirlix (Winking)
There's a One Chance Per Day stage for Thundurus
There's a Special stage for Salamence
In addition to this, there's a Darkrai Escalation Battle which will run for two weeks.

Gaming info:
Spoiler
Spoiler
My Awards
x1 x2 x1 x1 x1 x8 x1 x1
My Items
Daniel
October 17th, 2018

Video Games:

It has been confirmed that Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! & Let's Go, Eevee! are to be playable in PAX Aus on October 26th to October 28th, being held in the Melbourne Convention Center in Melbourne, Australia. This is the first time the game will be playable by the public in Australia. Once again this is the same demo that is going around the world right now, taking place in Viridian Forest

Pokémon GO has now opened PokéStop Submissions for Level 40 players within the country of Mexico. This follows on from opening in Brazil last month. Further countries in the rollout have yet to be announced

The special Halloween cycle of events has begun in Pokémon Shuffle. From now for the next two weeks, several Halloween themed stages will be available in Pokémon Shuffle. Every weekday, except weekends, the stages will cycle through Sableye (Spooky), Pikachu (Spooky), Pumpkaboo (Spooky), Gourgeist (Spooky) and Gengar (Spooky) on Monday through Friday respectively

Gaming info:
Spoiler
Spoiler
My Awards
x1 x2 x1 x1 x1 x8 x1 x1
My Items
Daniel