Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Artwork / Photos DB's *insert something witty here* and art
One of my forums was planning to have a monthly(ish) magazine of sorts, to go alongside our regular stream of content. It was a neat idea and everyone seemed to be genuinely existed about it... but it just didn't come to pass.

The issue was that we had several regulars writing articles, but everyone worked as their own, personal schedules allowed them to --as they should-- so it simply became impossible to meet any deadlines, and the idea never got off the drawing board. We were a bunch of well-meaning people from all over the world who couldn't get anything done... so we were basically the United Nations :P

The fact that the idea never came to be doesn't mean that there weren't assets made for it, though, and I actually crafted a couple of comics, fake ads and parodies to go along with the first five numbers or so. Instead of letting them to go to waste, I have chosen to share them here... the ones I can anyway, as there were many that featured midly-strong language and I just don't wanna risk offending anyone.

Orange Phone AD:

Spoiler

Used to Be Retro - A Retrojunk.com Parody:

Spoiler
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.

[Image: Luftsiggy.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly Shadow Fangs Winter Ivy Twin Terror Icecraft Clawy Spookz Triple Threat Beezy Icefolk Heavenfolk Waterfolk Firefolk
[-] The following 3 users Like Dust Bowl 's post:
  • Detective Osprey, Kyng, Shiny Star
Nice, I love them :lol: !

Pity the event didn't happen as planned, though :( . Let's hope it goes better next time :) .
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
I'm very glad you do like them :)

Here are some of the parody comics I planed to include... the quality drops quite a bit because I basically threw them together and planned to do them "the right way" after Issue #1 was out.

Comicz

My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly Shadow Fangs Winter Ivy Twin Terror Icecraft Clawy Spookz Triple Threat Beezy Icefolk Heavenfolk Waterfolk Firefolk
[-] The following 2 users Like Dust Bowl 's post:
  • Detective Osprey, Kyng
Wow yeah, I can see what you mean there :lol:

Still funny, though - and, in a way, the quality drop feels like it's part of the joke :P .
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
(12-16-2018, 02:10 AM)Kyng Wrote: Wow yeah, I can see what you mean there :lol:

Still funny, though - and, in a way, the quality drop feels like it's part of the joke :P .

Haha, yeah.

Those were made by simply stabbing the canvas with the brush tool. The idea was to submit them to see if they would get approved, then doing them over based on feedback and suggestion.

My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
I love these. They’re funny! :D
[Image: 320?cb=20190411152959]
My activity will be sparse, so if you need me, I’ll be on my discord or on Pokémon Reborn.
Obsessedwithbirds [Image: 60?cb=20190708144734][Image: 50?cb=20190710053751]
Ask. | Art and writing. | Random crap.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Silvady Dodekabashi Fiarow Pigeot Junaiper Odoridori Blu Bebe Venom Black Hole Fenrir Swift Iolite Stoney Agilberta
[-] The following 1 user Likes Detective Osprey's post:
  • Dust Bowl
(12-16-2018, 02:21 AM)ObsessedwithBirds Wrote: I love these. They’re funny! :D

I'm very glad you do :)!

My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dust Bowl 's post:
  • Detective Osprey
[Image: slogan-by-sierrathelurker-dbiauoh.png]

My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
  • Detective Osprey
That’s really cool! I love it!
[Image: 320?cb=20190411152959]
My activity will be sparse, so if you need me, I’ll be on my discord or on Pokémon Reborn.
Obsessedwithbirds [Image: 60?cb=20190708144734][Image: 50?cb=20190710053751]
Ask. | Art and writing. | Random crap.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Silvady Dodekabashi Fiarow Pigeot Junaiper Odoridori Blu Bebe Venom Black Hole Fenrir Swift Iolite Stoney Agilberta
[Image: Orangez2.png]

My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
  • Detective Osprey