Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Gaming Facts
Cross-posted from the old board:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/the_coff...ml#p300250

Just post random facts related to games or gaming :P

1) The ducks in the RollerCoaster Tycoon games actually migrate for winter :O . It's amazing, the little details that Chris Sawyer put into his game!
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
Do game-development facts count? Well, while I wait on your answer for that...

2) You can fly through an entire replica of the Crimean Peninsula on SU-27 Flanker, and it is mighty accurate.
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.

Die poster! You don't belong in this board!

What is a signature? A miserable little pile of secrets! Enough talk! Scroll down already!

[Image: Luftsiggy.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly Shadow Fangs Winter Ivy Twin Terror Icecraft Clawy Spookz Triple Threat Beezy Icefolk Heavenfolk Waterfolk Firefolk
(12-08-2018, 01:21 AM)Dust Bowl Wrote: Do game-development facts count? Well, while I wait on your answer for that...

Yep, those count :P . Game development still falls under 'gaming', IMO :)

3) When the Minecraft parrots were first introduced, they were tamed using cookies. This caused an outcry: chocolate is toxic to parrots, and people were worried that kids who played the game would kill their pet parrots by feeding chocolate chip cookies to them. 

Now, the parrots are tamed by feeding them seeds instead (and attempting to feed cookies to a parrot in the game will instantly kill it :( )

Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

My Awards
My Items
4) The development of Daikatana was so broken, that the company ended up giving the task of fixing the broken AI to... the person in charge of updating their website.

What is a signature? A miserable little pile of secrets! Enough talk! Scroll down already!

My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly Shadow Fangs Winter Ivy Twin Terror Icecraft Clawy Spookz Triple Threat Beezy Icefolk Heavenfolk Waterfolk Firefolk
5) Two PS1 games had scratch 'n' sniff features on their discs. Scratching the Gran Turismo 2 disc will let out the smell of tires, and scratching the disc of FIFA 2001 would let out the smell of grass.
[Image: ACBlackJ0ck.png]
[Image: 76561198002245938.png]

Twitter | Instagram |  Tumblr | MyAnimeListLetterboxd | 
My Awards
My Items
Speaking of game development... Duke Nukem Forever was initially planned in 1997 but due to several issues, it was stuck in "development hell" and wasn't finally released until 2011. However, the game's reputation was marred with such criticism upon its release, even by its dated humour.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x2
My Items
7) You could bypass the NES' infamous region-lock by cutting one of the legs of the Nin10 Chip found within the console.

I have done that and it really works, but I'm not entirely sure it's worth it.

My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
8) Despite it seeming like another RTS that Eastern Europeans typically enjoy (heck, this one even gets positive reviews from gamers elsewhere) Company Of Heroes 2 got so many complaints from Russian gamers that the game had to be pulled off Steam. The majority of the complaints usually came from the game's singleplayer campaign where they deemed that the game's story was more sympathetic to the Nazi Army than the Soviet Army (keep in mind, you take control of the Soviets in the game and the Nazis are the antagonists!).
[Image: ACBlackJ0ck.png]
[Image: 76561198002245938.png]

Twitter | Instagram |  Tumblr | MyAnimeListLetterboxd | 
My Awards
My Items
9) In the Tropico series, cheese is not treated as a food.

(The explanation is that Tropicans are so proud of their cheese that the wouldn't dare eat any of it themselves: it's all strictly for export!)

Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

My Awards
My Items