Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microsoft to redesign Windows 10 icons
Quote:Last week, Microsoft revealed plans to modernize its Office icon suite, but it looks like the plan is bigger than just Office. In fact, this new design language appears to be part of a bigger plan for all stock Windows icons.

If you scroll through your Windows machine’s start menu and just look at the Microsoft icons, you’ll see an array of styles and looks—some of which that date back quite a while. To modernize the look and feel of Windows 10, Microsoft will work towards updating these icons with a clean and consistent look.

This move makes a lot of sense, as we’re living in a world where these refinements really matter. Apple has consistent design language across of its devices and Google has Material Design to keep a similar look and feel across its various services and operating systems.
https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/microsoft-...de-design/

I've got to say... the sneak peek of these icons are gorgeous, and much better than this lame flat design crap since Windows 8. Originally this was only for the Office suite but now they've decided to expand it to all others, especially when some of the icons still have the XP and Vista/7 look that date back years. I'm excited to see the whole package once there's more about this.

Faith restored, for now Roflcopter
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x1
My Items
Yeah, because the icons are the only thing that needs to be fixed on Windows 10. Damn, Microsoft.
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.
My Awards
x1 (2018) x1
My Items
[-] The following 3 users Like Dust Bowl 's post:
  • BrynStevens , Gaomon274, Kyng
Well, they certainly look a lot sleeker than the old ones :)

I myself find them a bit jarring - although, that might just be because I've been looking at the old designs (through their various iterations) for nearly 20 years now, so it's probably simply a matter of getting used to them :P .
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
Well, the biggest step for them would be redesigning the Windows logo itself. I'd love to see that happen! :O
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x1
My Items
(12-05-2018, 07:18 PM)BrynStevens Wrote: Well, the biggest step for them would be redesigning the Windows logo itself. I'd love to see that happen! :O

Same here. Or they could just go back to the logo from the Windows XP era: in my mind, that's still the Windows logo :P

(I also loved the Windows 95/98 logo; however, I think it was 'of its era', and to me it hasn't aged especially well :( )

Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

My Awards
My Items
The XP logo was particularly good, but the original Win 95 logo was the one that introduced me to the wonderful world of... not having to relay on DOS prompts against a black background for computing and will forever hold a special place in my heart (doesn't necessarily mean it is a good place, but a special one nonetheless). I wonder how it could work as a vector.
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.
My Awards
x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Not to brag but, I've came up with my own Windows logo years ago, just to give anyone an idea:

[Image: EKO1c.png]

Maybe I should tell Microsoft about it, eh? ;)

(also @ Kyng, the first image in your post is broken)
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x1
My Items
Thanks for letting me know! It's fixed now :)

Interesting design: it seems like it'd work well as a square icon. It doesn't look much like a window TBH - but then, I suppose their original logo doesn't either :P .

My Awards
My Items