Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holiday villages (Center Parcs, etc)
When people go on holiday, there are various options available to them: perhaps they'll want a city break, or maybe they'd prefer to stay in the countryside. Or, another option is to stay in a holiday village: a self-contained resort with a wide variety of activities to keep holidaymakers occupied during their visit. The most famous chain in Europe is Center Parcs; I'm assuming there's some North American equivalent :P

Myself, I visited Center Parcs quite often as a child: usually to Longleat forest or Whinfell forest, although we did visit Sherwood forest on one occasion. I always enjoyed these breaks: much of our time was spent playing tennis, crazy golf, and other sports-related stuff. Then there was the swimming - which I never really took to myself, but the rest of my family always enjoyed this. Myself, I preferred the cycling: even though I did crash a couple of times over the years, it was always great fun cycling around the edge of the village!

So, what about you?
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
I never went to ones like those with my family. I used to go on some Girl Guides trips, like the International Essex Jamboree was pretty cool in 2012. I had a friend that used to go to Center Parcs every year.

If I had my own family or something, I would be so game to go.
[Image: 76561198120231752.png][Image: file.php?avatar=20987_1404052962.gif]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 x2
My Items
Eruption Headache Zach
I've heard that Center Parcs is an amazing experience. Be one with nature for a while :)

But unfortunately, I never been to it. I've only just went to a tacky holiday park down in Ayr, called Craig Tara. Worse yet, it was a Haven resort. That was fifteen years ago though.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x1
My Items
Never been to one.
Pokémon Sword and Shield release date: LATE 2019 (NOVEMBER 22??; 256+ DAYS)
[Image: Hqm4k8d.png?1][Image: ObsessedwithBirds.gif]
Obsessedwithbirds 

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” Hippocrates
Random YT comment Wrote:How to properly clean your metal computer
2 weeks ago
They’re blue because Will Smith’s Genie made them blue.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Silvady Dodekabashi Fiarow Pigeot Junaiper Odoridori
(12-04-2018, 07:37 AM)BrynStevens Wrote: I've heard that Center Parcs is an amazing experience. Be one with nature for a while :)

But unfortunately, I never been to it. I've only just went to a tacky holiday park down in Ayr, called Craig Tara. Worse yet, it was a Haven resort. That was fifteen years ago though.

Fortunately, I've never been to one of those holiday parks!

But, yeah, I have fond memories of Center Parcs. Because I spent much of my time on play areas, cycle tracks, or sports courts, I never truly felt 'one with nature', but the forests were certainly beautiful :) . It's very much a 'family' experience, though: not something I'd recommend doing on your own (or even as a couple, really!)
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
There are none near my area and, frankly, I don't see that changing any time soon. The fact that Christmas happens in the middle of the Summer kind of takes away from the experience some, and even if it didn't, those would likely be too expensive to really be successful around here.

Pity.
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.
My Awards
x1 (2018) x1
My Items