Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A "who is who" list for the Discord server?
I agree with the above suggestion. Perhaps if someone changes their name on Discord they could be encouraged to post about the change on here?
[Image: CCcP1lA.png]

Quote:
CJ: Also, you can solve walls faster than [Donald Trump] can build them. So there's that.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2012) x1 (2016) x1 (2017) x1 x1 x6 x6 x3 x1 x2 x4
My Items
Cashew Petal Tictac Moxie
That works for me :)
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.
My Awards
x1 (2018) x1
My Items
If anything have a pinned msg in # announcements for it.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThA1gowquN5v4r388-VQv...5iS5WvSi9s]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2016) x2 x1
My Items
Barry
I always thought people changed their display names more than their usernames. A separate channel for username changes would probably suffice. It would be easier to remember to post the change in there rather than trying to remember to come on here and post in the thread.
            [Image: SimbasMate.gif]

Hermaeus Mora, whose sphere is scrying of the tides of Fate, of the past and future as read in the stars and heavens, and in whose dominion are the treasures of knowledge and memory.-The Book of Daedra

NoticePlease do not PM me asking to convert themes for your/or anyone else's board(s)- I am strictly TCH staff! [/size]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2014) x1 (2015) x1 x1
My Items
Col. Marcus Chester Glitter Jimmy Fear Crowley
Yeah, I'd been 50-50 on whether to add a channel or add a pinned thread, but now that I think about it, the channel option sounds like it would be easier to maintain.

If we go with the pinned thread, then it'll need updating whenever someone changes their forum username and whenever someone changes their Discord username - which would just be a nightmare to keep track of. By contrast, the Discord channel option would take care of any Discord changes automatically, so people would just need to remember to post in there whenever they change their forum username. 

I know I recently tried (unsuccessfully) to cut back on the number of channels we have, but here a new channel seems to be the better solution.
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
Yeah, a thread would likely be too much, but the channel idea would work beautifully.

Tip of a hat, guys. Very nice solution.
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.
My Awards
x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Well, since this has been set up now, I guess there's no longer any need for the thread - so, I'll close it. 

Thanks, everybody :) !

Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kyng's post:
  • Dust Bowl
Re-opening this for now, to update you guys on developments from the past day. 

We added the channel yesterday evening. Now, 24 hours later, it is gone. We found that it just didn't work as hoped: several people posted their names in an unusual format (e.g. posting it in Japanese), and others were posting things other than their usernames (e.g. "I am Lightning McAwesome"). Inevitably, these posts were generating conversation in the channel (to the detriment of anybody using it for its intended purpose). We decided that, rather than imposing strict rules (which would have been a hassle to enforce), we would just have one pinned post at the top with all the usernames. Then, we realised that, once we had a pinned post, we didn't need the channel any more: we could just pin it in #general. 

So, we now have a pinned post instead of a dedicated channel. @ Nilla has added several names already: if you'd like to have yours added, then let her know :) .

My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 2 users Like Kyng's post:
  • Nilla, Pyrite