Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flickr limits free users to 1000 images
(11-16-2018, 07:48 PM)BrynStevens Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 06:01 AM)5819 Wrote: There are other image hosting sites out there.
We know that already ^o) 

Nah, had 5819 not mentioned it, I would have had no clue! Thanks for your selflessness, 5819.
[Image: j6f64BS.png]

My Awards
x1 (2018)
My Items
Tranquility Galaxy Spooks Eremurus Antarctica Yhii Aesop Sorrow Lonely Archimedes Secret Whisper Dream Oddity Fortress Strange Stratosphere Purgatory Halloween Sadness
[-] The following 1 user Likes Crooked Crow 's post:
(11-16-2018, 07:48 PM)BrynStevens Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 06:01 AM)5819 Wrote: There are other image hosting sites out there.
We know that already ^o) 

But did you also know there are other image hosting sites out there?
My Awards
x1 (2017)
My Items
Yeah, but not as good as the more popular ones :hehe:
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x2
My Items
Just for a little update, the exact date of when that change will occur will be 5th February, so less than two weeks away. I know this because I happened to have dealt with the Flickr account of my volunteering place yesterday and saw that glaring red box about it at the corner (and my given job was to archive all the photos by means of downloading each of their albums, in case any older ones get cut off by this).

Even though this is an inconvenience to everyone that uses Flickr, be glad that this isn't another Photobucket, to a certain extent.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x2
My Items
Well, at least they're giving a decent warning - although, I would still prefer it if any existing images were grandfathered in (and they just stopped these people from uploading new images and left it at that).
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kyng's post:
  • .bryn
Flickr is my main image host, and I was disappointed when such a thing was announced a few months ago.

Only because there isn't any other better image host imo, and the new owner (which isn't Yahoo) doesn't seem to cater to the needs and preferences of Flickr users initially, ie, treating it like a photography-centric site instead.
[Image: 16235347681_8cae594d7e_o.jpg] Soundcloud Profile: Ascension Drive
My Awards
My Items
And now, the purge has begun. Lose a part of your memories... and quietly weep.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x2
My Items
Oh... that's pathetic... smh. :(
[Image: 320?cb=20190411152959]
My activity will be sparse, so if you need me, I’ll be on my discord or on Pokémon Reborn.

[Image: 610565122489974948.png?v=1]
Ask. | Art and writing. | Random crap.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Silvady Dodekabashi Fiarow Pigeot Junaiper Odoridori Blu Bebe Venom Black Hole Fenrir Swift Iolite Stoney Agilberta
Ugh, is this why Flickr was down for me earlier today -_-

Fortunately, I haven't yet run into anyone whose photos have gone (I myself have nowhere near 1,000), but I guess it's only a matter of time :( .
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items