Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Discord channel changes
(11-09-2018, 04:52 AM)Nick Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 08:55 PM)Kyng Wrote: So, how about keeping the science and maths channel, but broadening its focus somewhat? Maybe so that it covers all of the 'Intellectual Discussions' stuff (except for politics, which is already in #srsbsns)

3) If you're planning on moving towards bots, I also suggest potentially re-purposing the discordrpg into a "general bots commands" channel. I know you plan on providing specific channels for specific bot uses (UNO, trivia, others in the future maybe), but many bots have multiple, more general uses, so maybe having a #bot-commands channel might be useful for allowing people to do random bot stuff (check rank, RPG stuff if they wish, etc). I've seen a few bots have a mini economy system whereby you can "duel" others, bet, make polls, etc. 

I could definitely help out with this (since I did make the entire Discord RPG command/item list myself :P )
Youtube / Twitter / Old AMA / New AMA
[Image: Pokemon73.jpg]
Gaming info:
Spoiler
Random info about me here:
Spoiler
I love Pokemon73 forever <3
My Awards
x1 x2 x1 x1 x1 x8 x1 x1
My Items
Daniel
This is all great, and I'd like to thank everyone for the suggestions - but, my goal here is to cut down on little-used channels (to make room for the trivia and Uno ones). Half the suggestions here are to add even more channels, many of which would likely be little-used. 

For example, #science_and_maths barely gets much activity as it is, so I really don't see any benefit to splitting it into two. Then we'd just go from one fairly inactive channel to two really inactive channels :-/ . I think it should be broadened to science, tech and perhaps even history (maybe we could call it "#brainybsns" to go with "#srsbsns" :P).

As for #srsbsns, I'd prefer to keep it untouched. I think everyone understands that it's for generally-controversial stuff that could cause drama (e.g. politics), and I'd prefer to keep that stuff all on one place if possible. Besides, #srsbsns is a nice idiosyncratic name, and I'd rather not replace it with something completely vanilla, like #politics. 

And, we could certainly have a single channel for bot-related stuff (which would include, but not be limited to, bot games like the trivia). That's actually quite a good idea :D . (Though, even if I did that, I'd probably still scrap the RPG: I can't see it doing anything other than getting in the way of other games. If we're going to have one person typing "#!mine" or "#!chop" while other people are trying to answer trivia questions, then that's just gonna get annoying :-/ )
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items
Since there hasn't been any more comment over the past couple of days, here's what I've decided to do: 

• #science_and_maths has been renamed to #brainybsns. This covers science, maths, history, tech, and any other intellectual stuff.

• #discordrpg is now #discordgames. This is still the home of the Discord RPG (for now; we'll probably scrap it if it just ends up getting in the way), but we'll be adding trivia bots and stuff like that. Checking your rank can still be done anywhere; there's no specific channel for that.

Now that a decision has been made, I guess it's time to close this. Thanks for the feedback, everyone :) !
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items