Poll: What are your favourite Minecraft biomes?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Desert
0%
0 0%
Extreme Hills
12.50%
1 12.50%
Forest
0%
0 0%
Ice Plains
0%
0 0%
Jungle
37.50%
3 37.50%
Mega Taiga
0%
0 0%
Mesa
25.00%
2 25.00%
Mushroom Island
0%
0 0%
Ocean
12.50%
1 12.50%
Plains
0%
0 0%
Roofed Forest (a.k.a. Dark Forest)
0%
0 0%
Savanna
0%
0 0%
Swamp
0%
0 0%
Taiga
0%
0 0%
Nether
12.50%
1 12.50%
End
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourite Minecraft biomes?
The procedurally-generated terrain of Minecraft opens the door to a virtually unlimited range of possibilities. However, in order for the generated terrain to remain interesting to the player, different areas need to be made distinct from one another, rather than all looking roughly the same. Hence, why Minecraft includes a wide variety of biomes depicting a range of climates, from dry to wet and hot to cold - as well as a couple of more off-the-wall options (I'm looking at you, Mushroom Forest:P

If you include all of the sub-types and variants, there are 40+ biomes in the game. However, these all fall under 16 main types (14 in the Overworld, plus the Nether and the End). That's still quite a lot - so, I've given you the ability to choose up to four in the poll. 

Mine are: 

• Jungle biomes - Mainly because I love the sheer size and volume of the vegetation, which comes in a lovely vibrant shade of green :O . It also has quite a few unique resources, such as cocoa beans and ocelots (even if taming them is a bit useless -_-). And on top of this, the Jungle Temple is one of my favourite generated structures!
  • Mesa - Sadly, I seldom see these in my games :( . Which is a shame, because they do look pretty awesome - and they're quite different from anything else which exists in the Minecraft world. Also, Terracotta is one of my favourite building materials, and this place has it in a wide variety of colours. Oh, and lots and lots of gold :P
  • Extreme Hills - This is where the game's terrain generator really goes to town! It's full of massive mountains and crazy overhangs: the kind of wild stuff that used to occur all over the place in early versions of the game :P . Also, it's nice that this is the only place where Emeralds can be mined. 
  • Nether - While I'm not a great fan of the blood-red colour of Netherrack, it still has lots and lots of unique stuff - and it makes covering large distances much easier. Perhaps it could do with a bit of love, though, because it hasn't received a major update in a while. (For example, I really think it needs its own biomes - two or three of them, at least!)

So, what about you?
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items
Ocean, Jungle, and Mesa are my favourites. Since the Aquatic Update, oceans are amazing now and are more than just a body of water to deal with between land masses. Jungles are always fun to explore because of how dense they are, and I like that the jungle temples in them aren't as easy to spot as villages and desert temples. Mesa I like for how different it is to every other land based biome, as there isn't really any others that have some degree of similarity to it.

Mushroom Biomes by themselves aren't great, but I do like them for the fact you can build on them safely without everything having to be lit above 7.
[Image: Spyro.png]
Long live the dragon king!

U N I V E R S A L G A M I N G
ZetaBoards' longest running gaming forum has moved to MyBB! Visit us today!
My Awards
x1 x1
My Items
(11-01-2018, 08:33 PM)Moonface Wrote: Mushroom Biomes by themselves aren't great, but I do like them for the fact you can build on them safely without everything having to be lit above 7.

Yeah, that's certainly nice - although, I rarely ever see them, since I prefer to explore land rather than water, and I don't have any urge to cheat. (And, even if I did find a Mushroom island, I'd probably still light up the area anyway out of habit: it just feels wrong for it to be unlit :lol: !) 

As for Update Aquatic, I still haven't checked it out properly. Part of that's because I've just been focused on other games lately (nobody I know is running a multiplayer server right now), but part of it's just because I find going underwater to be a drag. I guess it's because of the slowed movement and breath meter (so, next time I do get onto a server, I'll have to remember to make myself a bunch of underwater breathing potions!)

Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

My Awards
x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items
(11-02-2018, 12:55 AM)Kyng Wrote:
(11-01-2018, 08:33 PM)Moonface Wrote: Mushroom Biomes by themselves aren't great, but I do like them for the fact you can build on them safely without everything having to be lit above 7.

Yeah, that's certainly nice - although, I rarely ever see them, since I prefer to explore land rather than water, and I don't have any urge to cheat. (And, even if I did find a Mushroom island, I'd probably still light up the area anyway out of habit: it just feels wrong for it to be unlit :lol: !) 

As for Update Aquatic, I still haven't checked it out properly. Part of that's because I've just been focused on other games lately (nobody I know is running a multiplayer server right now), but part of it's just because I find going underwater to be a drag. I guess it's because of the slowed movement and breath meter (so, next time I do get onto a server, I'll have to remember to make myself a bunch of underwater breathing potions!) 
Going underwater isn't slow any more. Update Aquatic added swimming, so you move underwater just as fast as sprinting almost as soon as you tap the sprint key. ;)
[Image: Spyro.png]
Long live the dragon king!

U N I V E R S A L G A M I N G
ZetaBoards' longest running gaming forum has moved to MyBB! Visit us today!
My Awards
x1 x1
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Moonface's post:
  • Kyng
Yep, just tried it out and it's much more fun than we had before. You can tell that I haven't given this update a proper look :lol: !

(At this point, I was about to complain about food - but then, that's never in short supply in Minecraft :P )

My Awards
x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items
As much as I didn't like Minecraft that much, I liked jungle.
[Image: 150?cb=20170420085755][Image: 120?cb=20180313043226][Image: 120?cb=20180515173137][Image: 106?cb=20180401010816]
Fight for me.... FIGHT for me...
Just give me kindness... Lit from above... Just give me hope... A simple love...
Obsessedwithbirds
My Awards
x1 x1
My Items
Silvady Dodekabashi Fiarow Pigeot Junaiper Odoridori