Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Community Choice Theme
Hey guys I was wanting to find out what the community as a whole would like to see in a theme? Is there something you want to see that just isn't in any of the current themes? Are you guys just ready for a new theme? Are you happy with the current themes? Take some time to let us know, and we will see what we can do about it. :D Be sure to give as much detail as you can if you want a new theme. If we get a ton of ideas I'll put up a poll to decide what theme we will make. Thanks for taking the time to read, and I look forward to hearing from you guys.
[Image: tmatt00y.gif]
My Awards
x1 x1 (2018)
My Items
The only ones I can think of would be too short lived to be fully worth the investment.
Holiday themed ones like since Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas are coming up.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThA1gowquN5v4r388-VQv...5iS5WvSi9s]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2016) x2 x1
My Items
Barry
I'll start by listing the main colour schemes used in the current and WIP themes: 

TCH default: Brown/Beige
ImF Re-Energized: Light blue/Beige
BootBB: Crimson/White
MyBB Default: Light blue/White
Not Really Cocoa: Dark Brown/Light Brown
Dark Energy: Dark Blue/Beige
Obsidian Metal: Dark Grey/Gold
Fire and Charcoal: Black/Orange
Purple Origin: Dark Purple/Light Purple
Gracious Green: Dark Green/Light Green
Nature's Bounty: Green/White
The Morning Report: Dark Brown/Beige
Lavender: Light Purple

We're pretty well covered here. Not a lot of warm colours (shades of red, orange and yellow each appear on one theme only) - but, if we're going to go down that route, then we need to make sure we don't burn people's eyes :P !

As for holiday themes, I'm not sure whether or not to do those yet. Because of the forthcoming update to MyBB 1.9, any holiday themes we do make will be used once only. I'd like to do a Christmas theme (since that's the most important holiday, and the theme would be up for about a month), but I think we should skip Hallowe'en, Valentine's Day and Easter: those themes would only be up for a week, so it isn't worth the significant amount of time it would take to create them :( .
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
Could always use the holiday theme for the whole month, especially if it's not as specific. For example, Fall 2013 on ZB was used by forums for both celebrating the fall season and Thanksgiving.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThA1gowquN5v4r388-VQv...5iS5WvSi9s]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2016) x2 x1
My Items
Barry
A slight problem with that is, we usually put up the holiday theme at the end of Anniversary Week, to mark the transition from celebrating our anniversary to celebrating Christmas. Putting it up in November would ruin that. (Also, we've never celebrated Thanksgiving to begin with :P !)

However, we do usually leave winter themes available on the theme chooser right through January (although, after Christmas, they're no longer the default theme). So, if we made it as a winter theme (rather than specifically a Christmas theme), we could get close to two months of use out of it :) .

Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

My Awards
My Items
Ferret theme! XD
[Image: H4kDJkp.jpg]
My Awards
x1 x1 (2018) x1 (2017) x1 (2016)
My Items
F-Chan
[-] The following 2 users Like Megan's post:
  • Detective Osprey, Pyrite
Black & white. :(
[Image: j6f64BS.png]

My Awards
x1 (2018)
My Items
Tranquility Galaxy Spooks Eremurus Antarctica Yhii Aesop Sorrow Lonely Archimedes Secret Whisper Dream Oddity Fortress Strange Stratosphere Purgatory Halloween Sadness
(09-26-2018, 04:39 PM)Gaomon274 Wrote: The only ones I can think of would be too short lived to be fully worth the investment.

I don't think it would be unworthy of the investment. It would be nice to have a new theme to use that is specifically made for MyBB and not a conversion of an old ZB theme. Even if the new update changes everything, it wouldn't be a pain converting it since it was originally made for MyBB to begin with. 
(09-26-2018, 04:47 PM)Kyng Wrote: As for holiday themes, I'm not sure whether or not to do those yet.

With the MyBB update I think we should wait on the holiday themes. They were originally made for ZB, so we would have to convert them from there and then we would just end up converting them again which would be a pain. If Oscar makes a new theme it won't be such a pain to convert since we only have to do it once. Also, the update isn't until next year so we have a bit of time until then.
            [Image: SimbasMate.gif]

[Image: j0KgiGA.gif]
Stamp by ObsessedwithBirds

Kyng Wrote:"When 900 years old you reach, look as sexy as me, you will not"
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2014) x1 (2015) x1 x1
My Items
Col. Marcus Chester Glitter Jimmy Fear Crowley
Well so far it looks like I will be making a black and white winter/ferret themed theme then. :thinking: Everyone feel free to throw out suggestions; you don't have to be a staff member. I am looking for everyone's input that wants a say. Thank you everyone for replying. :D
[Image: tmatt00y.gif]
My Awards
x1 x1 (2018)
My Items
Black and white ferrets sounds like it might work. I'm not sure about black and white winter, though: that sounds a bit weird :P .

Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

My Awards
My Items