Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F1 2021 concept car revealed
https://www.grandprix247.com/2018/09/13/...ncept-car/

Formula 1 motorsport chief Ross Brawn has inadvertently, or by design, given us at a glimpse of what we can expect in terms of car design for 2021 and beyond.

A guest at a Tech Talk featuring Brawn and Pirelli F1 chief Mario Isola posted on Twitter:

One image shows Brawn speaking in front of a background showing a futuristic F1 design under a banner ‘2021 Concept Car’ in the background, providing a first [known] public glimpse at what the cars will look like when the new rules kick in three years from now.

To be honest, I don't particularly like it. It's too simple: it doesn't look aggressive enough or cutting-edge enough. And the 18-inch wheels look like the come straight off a Matchbox toy :-/

However, if these cars produce better racing, then I can certainly live with aesthetics that don't suit my tastes. I'll probably get used to them fairly quickly anyway :P .
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items
Does it improve aerodynamics, or am I confusing that concept with the 2018 changes to the wings....?
what ya mean that i have to make a creative signature WutFace
Vive la France France
YouTube | Discord: GiraKeng#6289

My Awards
My Items
Well, I believe the main objectives of the 2021 regulations are to cut costs. Aerodynamic development is expensive (and makes it harder for the cars to follow one another), which I guess is probably why they've simplified the aero here. 

(Also, while I like the improved safety that comes from the Halo, I do wish it looked more integrated into the rest of the car. It still just looks like it's been bolted on :( !)

Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

My Awards
x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items
I should point out, there was another quite different concept that was released too: 

[Image: kr8TGOo.jpg]
(Source: Formula One Management / https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/...ove-racing)

This one is much more to my tastes :O . Looks very aggressive and edgy, with those winglets on the sides. Yes, it still has the 18-inch wheels, but I think they suit this car quite nicely!

So, I hope F1 in 2021 looks more like this than the concept I posted in the opening post Thumbs-up .

My Awards
x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items