Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earthsea gets the right director
In real life, Hayao Miyazaki was too occupied with Howl’s Moving Castle to fulfill his promise to Ursula K. Le Guin to direct Earthsea. The end result is an Earthsea film directed by his eldest son and one neither the daddy Miyazaki nor Le Guin liked. But what if the deal with Mamoru Hasado had turned out right with Hasado directing Howl’s Moving Castle and Miyazaki directing Earthsea?
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x1 (2016) x1
My Items
Well, since the approval for Earthsea came while Howl's Moving Castle was already in production, the elder Miyazaki would presumably have had some time to work on this movie with his son first. I'm guessing it would go something like this: 

• Hayao Miyazaki decided that his son, Goro, needs to get some experience with directing.
  • The two of them start working on Howl's Moving Castle together.
  • While they're in the middle of this, Le Guin gives approval for the Earthsea movie.
  • Hayao Miyazaki concentrates on Earthsea from this point on, leaving Goro Miyazaki to finish Howl's Moving Castle by himself.

My understanding of the problem with Earthsea is that it was too different from the source material. This probably wouldn't have happened to Earthsea had Hayao Miyazaki been directing it - and it also wouldn't have happened to Howl's Moving Castle had he been working on it at the beginning. So, I think there is a chance that both movies could end up being good.
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items
And Goro gets a more solid debut.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x1 (2016) x1
My Items