Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones
(09-23-2018, 01:40 AM)Kyng Wrote: Yeah, I watched one episode, thought it was OK, then checked some spoilers to see whether there was anything sticking around for - but, I decided there wasn't, and just moved on with my life. 

TBH my main problem with it is that, if I get interested and invested in any of the characters, then I know for a fact that I'm going to get burned. I haven't seen the show (outside of that one episode), but I have seen the masses of outrage on social media whenever something particularly nasty happens to a popular character, and I just know that that's going to be me if I ever watch it. 

(Of course, I'm guessing the books are no better for this. If anything, I'm guessing they'd probably be worse :P )

Yeah, from what I recall of what I read loads of nasty stuff happens to loads of characters. Once you start caring about one, boop let's do something to them! XD
[Image: H4kDJkp.jpg]
My Awards
x1 (2017) x1 (2016)
My Items
F-Chan
Yeah, I'm mean to my characters, but not that mean :lol: !

Anyway, it seems that this series has been the inspiration for quite a few baby names. 76 baby girls in the UK were called 'Khaleesi' in 2017, 343 were called 'Arya', and 11 baby boys were called 'Tyrion':

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45605168

I hope these kids - especially the Khaleesis and Tyrions - aren't going to be bullied about it when they grow up :( ! (Then again, with the GoT series ending soon, it's possible that it'll no longer be relevant by then anyway :P )
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items
(09-23-2018, 01:43 AM)Megan Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 01:40 AM)Kyng Wrote: Yeah, I watched one episode, thought it was OK, then checked some spoilers to see whether there was anything sticking around for - but, I decided there wasn't, and just moved on with my life. 

TBH my main problem with it is that, if I get interested and invested in any of the characters, then I know for a fact that I'm going to get burned. I haven't seen the show (outside of that one episode), but I have seen the masses of outrage on social media whenever something particularly nasty happens to a popular character, and I just know that that's going to be me if I ever watch it. 

(Of course, I'm guessing the books are no better for this. If anything, I'm guessing they'd probably be worse :P )

Yeah, from what I recall of what I read loads of nasty stuff happens to loads of characters. Once you start caring about one, boop let's do something to them! XD 
The deaths are a bit exaggerated; Cercei and Jaime aren’t dead yet. And book wise, the Blackfish is still alive.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x1 (2016) x1
My Items
(09-23-2018, 03:30 PM)JHG Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 01:43 AM)Megan Wrote:

The deaths are a bit exaggerated; Cercei and Jaime aren’t dead yet. And book wise, the Blackfish is still alive. 

Well I wasn't even just saying deaths, like just the nasty stuff that happens to them. Of course a lot of series are guilty of that. I've watched a few anime's where they just start dropping like flies.
[Image: H4kDJkp.jpg]
My Awards
x1 (2017) x1 (2016)
My Items
F-Chan