Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Known Galaxy
The Known Galaxy

Welcome to my grand (well, not yet) worldbuilding project. My goal is to create a fictional encyclopedia of a Milky Way, thousands of years in the future, where Humanity has established civilizations around thousands of star systems.

This encyclopedia is created, in-universe, by a nation known as the Federation of Kartika. As such, the first star system to be developed is theirs'.

Kartika-Ganas

Vall

Kartikan Calendar/Timekeeping – As this is being written as an in-universe encyclopedia intended for Kartika, do expect all dates to be based on this. Same goes for any text mentioning the passage of time.

So, any thoughts or feedback? As of now, you probably noticed that it's currently just statistics and astronomical data. It will become more detailed; this is just laying the groundwork.
My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 2 users Like Azathoth's post:
  • Kyng, ObsessedwithBirds
Whoa! This is impressive... I love this! I can't wait to see more. Keep it up! (y)
Obsessedwithbirds iNaturalist | Archive of Our Own: Ospreyeagle | All Birds Wiki | Taxonomy in Flux | Instagram [Image: Staraptor90.gif]
New lyrics for Elton John, by my birds: ;   ] cz h1yyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyss ki[,  /’  dh u1d      
[Image: ObsessedwithBirds.gif]
[Image: ospsig.png]
Thank you @ Nilla <3
My Awards
x1 x1
My Items
Silvady Dodekabashi Fiarow Pigeot Junaiper Odoridori
Interesting stuff :)

Val sounds like a smaller Earth with more people on it, for the most part (for example, if my calculations are correct, it'd have about 80% of Earth's gravity) - so, I guess it would have been a natural choice to settle first. I'm guessing the other planets weren't quite so accommodating, though - so, I'll look forward to reading about those!
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items
Update

Added an article on the Federation of Kartika.

The capital.

And the Head of State.

Also, if you check the Kartika-Ganas page, you will notice that I have named all of the planets in the system. I haven't added a page on all of them, but they have names.
My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Azathoth's post:
  • ObsessedwithBirds
Looks good :) !

One thing I noticed was that the Federation of Kartika has 13.8 trillion people, and it's divided into 2,000 districts. This means that each representative serves 6.9 billion people. I'm assuming there are a lot of people who are disgruntled at having their voice as watered-down as this?
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion | Personal Data Protection

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
Quote:Nilvafefe: I swear to drink I am not god
My Awards
x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x5
My Items