Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post any bugs/issues here!
Thanks for spotting that. I'd completely overlooked it when I was setting up the groups  :facepalm: !
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
I would like to say that it was only the "TCH Default" skin that caused the lagginess around, when all other skins were less heavy on resources. Not sure if the default can be streamlined down a bit, like how the others are.

And if you must know, I'm using Dark Energy at the moment. Looks great :D
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x2
My Items

I'm guessing the TCH default theme is slower because it's the only one to use a significant number of images. Most of the others are heavy on CSS gradients.
My Awards
My Items
Honestly I would be against skimming a theme down. At least one theme should be modernized with imagery and less basic css gradients.
[Image: tmatt00y.gif]
My Awards
x1 x1 (2018)
My Items
(06-15-2018, 11:17 PM)Oscar Wrote: Honestly I would be against skimming a theme down. At least one theme should be modernized with imagery and less basic css gradients.

What do you mean by that? We put images in them but usually use CSS images and CSS gradients to prevent it from being too image heavy.  :huh:
            [Image: SimbasMate.gif]

[Image: j0KgiGA.gif]
Stamp by ObsessedwithBirds

Kyng Wrote:"When 900 years old you reach, look as sexy as me, you will not"
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2014) x1 (2015) x1 x1
My Items
Col. Marcus Chester Glitter Jimmy Fear Crowley
(06-15-2018, 11:20 PM)Nilla Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 11:17 PM)Oscar Wrote: Honestly I would be against skimming a theme down. At least one theme should be modernized with imagery and less basic css gradients.

What do you mean by that? We put images in them but usually use CSS images and CSS gradients to prevent it from being too image heavy.  :huh:    
It was mentioned that the theme could be lowered and include less images and such. My point is you want to have a flashy image heavy theme for users who enjoy an imageful experience that have the bandwidth compactity to handle them especially now days where internet connections have increased in speed drastically from what they once were. Obviously there can be less flashy themes with much less imagery and a more bare bones style that is quick loading, but you don't want them all that way.
[Image: tmatt00y.gif]
My Awards
x1 x1 (2018)
My Items
Well know that some may be accessing the forum with an older browser, like myself (Firefox 52 ESR). Not sure if that's really a factor in this case. But just minimalising theme a tiny wee bit wouldn't hurt, no?
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x2
My Items
@Bry: We'll see. It may be possible to compress some of the images a little bit :) .

@Oscar: Yeah, it's a good idea not to use images in places where they aren't needed, but there's nothing wrong with some variety. When I make a new theme based on Game Night (which will probably still be a while), I'll probably go a bit heavier on the images there :P .
My Awards
My Items
Okay, we're almost ready to launch now - so, I've decided to give early access to the other two people who offered to be beta testers :)

I've also given kawaii an account: as a MyBB developer, I thought he might have some useful insights for us :) .
My Awards
My Items
If you haven't already, I highly suggest installing the FASTyle plugin for MyBB.

https://github.com/Shade-/FASTyle

It'll save you weeks of headaches when working on developing your theme recreations.
My Awards
My Items
Croxie