Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extended periods without any gaming?
It's just occurred to me that I've been without any gaming for 48 hours now. I haven't planned it that way or anything: it's just that I haven't been in the mood - or, the times when I have been in the mood, I've been busy with other stuff. (The closest I came was opening up Tropico 5 yesterday, but that was just to test something out: I didn't actually play it at all!)

Now, while 48 hours isn't particularly long, it did get me thinking: since you first started playing games, have you gone for any considerable length of time without playing any games at all? If so, what was the reason for that?

Myself, the longest was probably 3 months when I was about 7 or 8 years old - when our computer was broken, and it didn't get fixed for that length of time. Other than that, my only real breaks from gaming were times when I went on family holidays and didn't take my computer with me - but the last of those was (I believe) in 2007, when I didn't take my computer with me on my first trip to Oslo, and therefore went without any gaming for a week. I kept it up through my exams and other busy times, though: I did need some breaks from studying, after all :P !

So, what about you?
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
I think I went August 2016- when I quit WoW, to February 2017, when I got a TV again.
[Image: j6f64BS.png]

My Awards
x1 (2018)
My Items
Tranquility Galaxy Spooks Eremurus Antarctica Yhii Aesop Sorrow Lonely Archimedes Secret Whisper Dream Oddity Fortress Strange Stratosphere Purgatory Halloween Sadness
[-] The following 1 user Likes Crooked Crow 's post:
  • Shiny Star
All the time. XD I can go months without playing a game. Actually happens more often than not. Then, if I'm into a game I play constantly.
[Image: H4kDJkp.jpg]
My Awards
x1 x1 (2018) x1 (2017) x1 (2016)
My Items
F-Chan
2006/7 (PC died) --> 2010/11 (Bought a laptop).

But I have rarely played any games after that, either. Just tried a few for a few hours, and finished ones that really grabbed me in some capacity.
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.

~Social Media Links~

[Image: 8l-IXu6-v-400x400-1.jpg][Image: l-ONc-JWAa-400x400-1.png]

Follow me on Twitter: @Icebombr - Follow The Coffee House on Twitter: @tch_forum

[Image: Luftsiggy.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly Shadow Fangs Winter Ivy Twin Terror Icecraft Clawy Spookz Triple Threat Beezy Icefolk Heavenfolk Waterfolk Firefolk
(09-11-2019, 12:21 AM)Megan Wrote: All the time. XD I can go months without playing a game. Actually happens more often than not. Then, if I'm into a game I play constantly.

So, is that likely to happen again once you've finished with Grandia :P ?
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kyng's post:
  • Megan
(09-11-2019, 05:44 PM)Kyng Wrote:
(09-11-2019, 12:21 AM)Megan Wrote: All the time. XD I can go months without playing a game. Actually happens more often than not. Then, if I'm into a game I play constantly.

So, is that likely to happen again once you've finished with Grandia :P ?

Well, considering I'm playing it again, might not be for a bit. Plus, I'm getting the new Zelda game, and some others I've yet to play. But hard to say. XD
[Image: H4kDJkp.jpg]
My Awards
x1 x1 (2018) x1 (2017) x1 (2016)
My Items
F-Chan