Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abbey Road returns to No. 1 after 50 years
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49931789

The Beatles' Abbey Road has returned to number one in the UK, 50 years after it first topped the album charts.

The Fab Four reclaimed the top spot with an expanded anniversary edition.

The feat also sees the album set a record - the gap of 49 years and 252 days since its initial chart-topping run ended in early 1970 is the longest gap before returning to number one.

"It's hard to believe that Abbey Road still holds up after all these years," tweeted Sir Paul McCartney on Friday.

"But then again it's a bloody cool album," he added.

To be honest, I don't know whether this says more about the enduring appeal of the Beatles, or the fact that albums in general aren't very popular these days :P .

Either way, well done to them :) .
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
The Beatles were great and most modern music is not, so yeah.
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.

~Social Media Links~

[Image: 8l-IXu6-v-400x400-1.jpg][Image: l-ONc-JWAa-400x400-1.png]

Follow me on Twitter: @Icebombr - Follow The Coffee House on Twitter: @tch_forum

[Image: Luftsiggy.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly Shadow Fangs Winter Ivy Twin Terror Icecraft Clawy Spookz Triple Threat Beezy Icefolk Heavenfolk Waterfolk Firefolk