Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A "who is who" list for the Discord server?
I gotta be honest, a lot of the reason for which I don't talk much on the Discord server is that, most of the time, I haven't the slightest clue about who I'm talking to. It seems that a lot of us go by different names in there, and that's cool and all but it makes it kinda hard to engage when you don't know who is saying anything.

Would it be possible to create a sub server containing a list of members, containing both their Discord and TCH usernames? I can help organizing it if people start replying in here with their discord tags.

Thanks for reading my suggestion :)
~~I had Arizona in my mind when coming up with my account name~~.

Die poster! You don't belong in this board!

What is a signature? A miserable little pile of secrets! Enough talk! Scroll down already!

[Image: Luftsiggy.png]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly Shadow Fangs Winter Ivy Twin Terror Icecraft Clawy Spookz Triple Threat Beezy Icefolk Heavenfolk Waterfolk Firefolk
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dust Bowl 's post:
  • Shiny Star
It sounds like a nice idea, but I'm not sure how it would work TBH. The problem is, people's Discord names just change so fast that, even if I did compile a list, it'd all be out of date within a few days. It'd just be impossible to maintain :(

(Unless this is for usernames, rather than the display names?)
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
(12-03-2018, 11:29 PM)Kyng Wrote: It sounds like a nice idea, but I'm not sure how it would work TBH. The problem is, people's Discord names just change so fast that, even if I did compile a list, it'd all be out of date within a few days. It'd just be impossible to maintain :(

(Unless this is for usernames, rather than the display names?)

Yes, usernames. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear :)

What is a signature? A miserable little pile of secrets! Enough talk! Scroll down already!

My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Moonlight Sweet Leaf Ducking JR Poison Jab Buzzer Shelly Shadow Fangs Winter Ivy Twin Terror Icecraft Clawy Spookz Triple Threat Beezy Icefolk Heavenfolk Waterfolk Firefolk
I think this would be a great idea actually. CJ is right that people will change but the # number and username remains the same. It would make it easier to understand who is who for anyone that doesn’t go on Discord often.
[Image: 76561198120231752.png][Image: file.php?avatar=20987_1404052962.gif]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 x2
My Items
Eruption Headache Zach
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shiny Star's post:
  • Dust Bowl
(12-04-2018, 01:41 AM)Shiny Star Wrote:  CJ is right that people will change but the # number and username remains the same.

You can change that as well.

EDIT: Discord has a "notes" feature you can use. Click the person's profile picture, and there's a little "notes" input. Put whatever you know the person by, and the note will persist across username changes.
My Awards
My Items
Crobat Scizor Cofagrigus Kingdra Tyranitar Snorlax
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nick's post:
  • Shiny Star
(12-04-2018, 01:52 AM)Nick Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 01:41 AM)Shiny Star Wrote:  CJ is right that people will change but the # number and username remains the same.

You can change that as well.

EDIT: Discord has a "notes" feature you can use. Click the person's profile picture, and there's a little "notes" input. Put whatever you know the person by, and the note will persist across username changes. 

Ooh I didn’t know that. I’m such a Discord n00b, hahaha. That would be so helpful to do as it won’t matter about the changing stuff and avoid confusion.
[Image: 76561198120231752.png][Image: file.php?avatar=20987_1404052962.gif]
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 x2
My Items
Eruption Headache Zach
I didn't know that either, Star :P

That's cool, Nick! But we still need to know who is who in order to complete that :P

My Awards
x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dust Bowl 's post:
  • Shiny Star
(12-04-2018, 02:08 AM)Dust Bowl Wrote: That's cool, Nick! But we still need to know who is who in order to complete that :P

I mean, if you really want a TCH dictionary, an admin could make a text channel on Discord that matches a user's TCH username with a Discord mention with the "@" symbol, similarly to how it works here on the forum, since Discord mentions are always updated with the user's current Discord tag.
My Awards
My Items
Crobat Scizor Cofagrigus Kingdra Tyranitar Snorlax
To add, you'll know someone on the Discord server is from the forum when they're under the "TCH-Member" group. Although, there had been a few outsiders on it though, that I had spoken to Kyng about not too long ago.

Also, everybody knows that BrynStevens and Brynny are the same person, all the time, every day!
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x2
My Items
Try to not be too shocked when you find out the Bluezone777 on Discord is really the same guy as the one who made this post. I can safely say I do not contribute to the confusion as to who is who on discord. :P

Perhaps a pinned thread on here where we can throw our names in as to who we are on Discord and a pinned comment or whatever they call it on Discord can be made linking to that thread so it's easy to find on Discord.
My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 2 users Like Bluezone777's post:
  • .bryn, Pyrite