Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"This message is missing"
Okay, over the past day or so (since the upgrade), I've had a number of users reporting errors of the form: 

Quote:This message is missing. Please enter a message.

Obviously, this is very annoying, and I'd like to resolve it as soon as possible. If you've run into this, can you please post here to let me know? Any information you provide would be appreciated; for example:

• Did you get it when posting a thread, posting a reply, or editing a post?
  • Where you were making your post?
  • What was the content of your post?
  • If you tried again, then did it happen again?

Hopefully we can resolve this soon!
[Image: CJ_userbar.png]

Board Information and Policies
Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

(Thanks to ObsessedwithBirds for the avatar and sig!)
My Awards
x1 x1 x2 x2 x5 x3 x1 x3 x6
My Items
[-] The following 3 users Like Kyng's post:
  • .bryn, Detective Osprey, Shiny Star
For me, it's typically when replying, especially when quoting something.
[Image: mmT4f1B.gif]
Spammers Beware! I got my bollockin' face on!

Spam Topics EXTERMINATED: 42
Apparently CJ thinks my linguistics reading collection is massive enough to be one of the 25 most massive objects in the Solar System :lol:
(07-30-2018, 07:07 PM)Kyng Wrote: Come to think of it, I'm surprised Jarkko's collection of linguistics reading material wasn't there :thinking: .
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 x2 (2015, 2017) x1 (2014) x2 x1 x1 x1
My Items
Well, the good news is that I *may* have found a cure. 

As part of the upgrade to MyBB 1.8.18, several JavaScript files (including the ones that handle validation for threads and posts) have been updated. However, I believe the old versions (which won't work with the updated software) were still in the CloudFlare cache - and, therefore, certain users were still being given the old versions. When this happened, it'd lead to the error described in the opening post. 

I've purged all of these old JavaScript files from the cache now. So, hopefully, the issue will be resolved (otherwise, I guess I'll have to keep looking for a fix :P )

Affiliation | Coffee Credits | Member Ranks | Awards | Name Changes | Account Deletion
Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

Lurker101 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Mega Blok movie planned but the pieces wouldn't fit together.

My Awards
My Items
Nope. Still doesn't work. Heck, the message disappears when you hit the preview button. Headdesk

Another thing not working, once you've added an attachment, it doesn't let you insert it no matter how many times you mash the button. :headbrick:

Apparently CJ thinks my linguistics reading collection is massive enough to be one of the 25 most massive objects in the Solar System :lol:
(07-30-2018, 07:07 PM)Kyng Wrote: Come to think of it, I'm surprised Jarkko's collection of linguistics reading material wasn't there :thinking: .
My Awards
My Items
I've had it happen a couple of times that I've quoted someone and written out a response and it's only saved the bit I originally quoted. Which meant I had to edit the post and rewrite everything. This might be a related error?
[Image: CCcP1lA.png]

Quote:
CJ: Also, you can solve walls faster than [Donald Trump] can build them. So there's that.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 (2012) x1 (2016) x1 (2017) x1 x1 x6 x6 x3 x1 x3 x4
My Items
Cashew Petal Tictac Moxie
(08-25-2018, 06:21 AM)Pyrite Wrote: I've had it happen a couple of times that I've quoted someone and written out a response and it's only saved the bit I originally quoted. Which meant I had to edit the post and rewrite everything. This might be a related error?
It is. I literally just had to fix such an error with this exact post :lol:

My Awards
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jarkko's post:
  • Pyrite
You know, I was going to report this first when I suddenly got blank posts from @ Pyrite and @ JHG recently, even though they quoted me. It also happened in PMs also. Hope this can be fixed soon.
My Awards
x1 x1 (2017) x2
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes .bryn's post:
  • Pyrite
(08-25-2018, 02:28 AM)Jarkko Wrote: For me, it's typically when replying, especially when quoting something.

This! As in what I'm quoting will appear but what I write won't.
I've just been double posting and letting it merge.

It's only happening on my phone though.

When posting from PC, like I am now, it's all good.
My Awards
x1
My Items
[-] The following 1 user Likes MegaphoneStallone 's post:
  • Detective Osprey
(08-25-2018, 07:42 AM)Jarkko Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 06:21 AM)Pyrite Wrote: I've had it happen a couple of times that I've quoted someone and written out a response and it's only saved the bit I originally quoted. Which meant I had to edit the post and rewrite everything. This might be a related error?
It is. I literally just had to fix such an error with this exact post :lol:

lol. Would you look at that!
[Image: 320?cb=20190411152959]
My activity will be sparse, so if you need me, I’ll be on my discord or on Pokémon Reborn.

[Image: 610565122489974948.png?v=1]
Ask. | Art and writing. | Random crap.
My Awards
x1 x1 x1 x1 x1 (2018) x1
My Items
Silvady Dodekabashi Fiarow Pigeot Junaiper Odoridori Blu Bebe Venom Black Hole Fenrir Swift Iolite Stoney Agilberta
Well, the attachments seem to be working for me:

.png   150828_forumnew.png (Size: 4.07 KB / Downloads: 87)
.png   150828_readonly.png (Size: 3.6 KB / Downloads: 87)

Still, that's another area that was updated in MyBB 1.8.18 - so, I'd expect it not to work with outdated JavaScripts. 

Anyway, if clearing the CloudFlare cache didn't solve this problem, then that's a pain -_- . Though, the fact that it's only certain users running into this (and, in particular, the fact that MegaphoneStallone is only getting this problem on his phone) does suggest that it's some kind of cache issue. So, perhaps it's worth clearing your cache, or doing a hard refresh (CTRL + F5) while you're in the posting screen, in case there's a cache issue on your end?

If it is a cache issue, then there's really nothing more that I can do :( . However, it should resolve itself over time as people's cached files expire or get cleared. Though, just in case it isn't, I've tried re-installing the text editor to see whether that will help.

Personal Data Protection
| BBCode Reference

My Awards
My Items