The Coffee House
Do you feel ready for a relationship? - Printable Version

+- The Coffee House (https://tch-forum.com)
+-- Forum: Topical discussions (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Health and Lifestyle (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Do you feel ready for a relationship? (/showthread.php?tid=9412)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Do you feel ready for a relationship? - Cory - 09-09-2021

(09-08-2021, 04:46 PM)Kyng Wrote: I didn't know who would want to date somebody who had my issues.

That's how I feel. I feel like I'd just be a burden or I'd be too hard to handle due to some of my mental health issues.

(09-08-2021, 05:25 PM)Nilla Wrote: Life is much more interesting with someone to share it with, eh?

I'm sure you are right, but I'm just being honest that this is probably easier said for women than men because at least in the society we live in men are generally the ones to initiate dating. Women generally get more attention in the field of dating than men do, based on what I've read and seen. I'm 31 and not a single woman has ever asked me out, I myself have asked 6 women out my whole life. I'm sorry if this statement sounds sexist, but it's just based on general speculation.

RE: Do you feel ready for a relationship? - Kyng - 09-09-2021

(09-09-2021, 03:30 PM)Cory Wrote:
(09-08-2021, 04:46 PM)Kyng Wrote: I didn't know who would want to date somebody who had my issues.

That's how I feel. I feel like I'd just be a burden or I'd be too hard to handle due to some of my mental health issues.

(09-08-2021, 05:25 PM)Nilla Wrote: Life is much more interesting with someone to share it with, eh?

I'm sure you are right, but I'm just being honest that this is probably easier said for women than men because at least in the society we live in men are generally the ones to initiate dating. Women generally get more attention in the field of dating than men do, based on what I've read and seen. I'm 31 and not a single woman has ever asked me out, I myself have asked 6 women out my whole life. I'm sorry if this statement sounds sexist, but it's just based on general speculation.

Yeah, the societal expectation seems to be that it's the men who initiate it (which doesn't mean women can't initiate it, of course - but it's not what's typically expected :P ). Gave me all kinds of problems, because I just never had the confidence to do such a thing :( !

Though, there are some scenarios where it's not as simple as "one person initiating it". I know that with my current partner, we just gradually drifted together. She did make the first move, so in that sense you could say that she 'initiated it' - but in reality it was more of a mutual thing, and there was about a month between her making that first move and us officially becoming a couple :P .

RE: Do you feel ready for a relationship? - Nilla - 09-09-2021

(09-09-2021, 03:30 PM)Cory Wrote: I'm sure you are right, but I'm just being honest that this is probably easier said for women than men because at least in the society we live in men are generally the ones to initiate dating. Women generally get more attention in the field of dating than men do, based on what I've read and seen. I'm 31 and not a single woman has ever asked me out, I myself have asked 6 women out my whole life. I'm sorry if this statement sounds sexist, but it's just based on general speculation.

That's really not what I meant. :lol: Although, I do get what you are saying. What I meant was that once you have a partner, it's fun to have someone to share your life with, at least in my experience. As a woman, I've actually done more initiation with dating, the few times I have wanted a partner. I think it bit me in the ass in the end because I'd seem desperate asking if they like me over and over because honestly.. I can't figure that out. :lol: Sometimes you are lead on but I am not saying that this goes for all men. I'd say women do it, too. :P Anyway, I do agree with you. It is sexist. Men are expected to do things for women and it can make it all the more awkward if you can't figure out what the woman wants. I'd say that women should start helping out and initiate dating and paying for dinner. :P

RE: Do you feel ready for a relationship? - JHG - 09-20-2021

I’m too plain for any relationship!

RE: Do you feel ready for a relationship? - Kyng - 09-20-2021

(09-20-2021, 07:56 AM)JHG Wrote: I’m too plain for any relationship!

In what sense :( ?

If you're talking about your interests, I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who share at least some of those. And if you're talking about your appearance... I think a lot of people are overly hard on themselves when it comes to that. There are sure to be some women out there who find you attractive!