The Coffee House
More forum contrib awards? - Printable Version

+- The Coffee House (https://tch-forum.com)
+-- Forum: Announcements and Feedback (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Feedback and Suggestions (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: More forum contrib awards? (/showthread.php?tid=923)

More forum contrib awards? - Deleted User 8 - 08-13-2018

I know there's a handful of forum contribuation awards already but I've been thinking... could there be a few more even for the next nominations for October? I have some in mind... a Golden Teddybear for Leisure & Playtime (or maybe Golden Cards), and a Golden Jester for Funny & Unusual Stuff. Just my thoughts :)

RE: More forum contrib awards? - Kyng - 08-13-2018

I wouldn't have any problem with either of those (and the teddy bear in particular would be cute :P !)

On the other hand, I don't want there to be so many that the system becomes impossible to keep up with. There were originally only seven; that gradually expanded to ten, but that's already a lot IMO. 

I'll also point out pre-emptively that I don't think anything in "Off-Topic" should get an award (except perhaps for the two General Chat sub-forums that you made suggestions for), and nothing in "Community Café" should get an award (except for the creative sub-forums which already have the Golden Paintbrush). These are for the content-oriented forums, not the community-oriented forums.

RE: More forum contrib awards? - Deleted User 8 - 08-13-2018

Yeah, you've got a point there. Let's see what others think first :)

RE: More forum contrib awards? - Pyrite - 08-13-2018

I'm agreed with Kyng here. Forum contribution awards are to encourage people to post in the more discussion oriented sections of the board. Let's not dilute that by having one for everything.

RE: More forum contrib awards? - Deleted User 8 - 08-16-2018

I understand that the ones I suggested may not be added but here's one that may be accepted... just one more for role-playing perhaps? I mean like when it comes to people's ideas and how they're executed in the role-plays. The icon associated with that I think... a thought bubble. Again to do with the "ideas" concept.

If this won't be accepted either then that's cool. Just trying to help out :)

RE: More forum contrib awards? - Kyng - 08-16-2018

Yeah, I understand :)

I think it's an idea we can hold on to. The main reason why the Golden Paintbrush was introduced was because some of our best content was in the creative sections, and so it seemed silly not to cover those. Right now, we don't really have that for role playing: it's still used primarily as a 'fun' forum. But, maybe if we get some high-quality RPGs in the future, then we should consider it :) .

RE: More forum contrib awards? - Detective Osprey - 08-16-2018

(08-16-2018, 06:58 PM)Kyng Wrote: But, maybe if we get some high-quality RPGs in the future, then we should consider it :) .

I'm certainly trying!

RE: More forum contrib awards? - Kyng - 08-16-2018

(08-16-2018, 07:11 PM)ObsessedwithBirds Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 06:58 PM)Kyng Wrote: But, maybe if we get some high-quality RPGs in the future, then we should consider it :) .

I'm certainly trying! 

Yeah, TBH you're much better at making good RPG posts than I am :P .

RE: More forum contrib awards? - Detective Osprey - 08-16-2018

(08-16-2018, 07:12 PM)Kyng Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 07:11 PM)ObsessedwithBirds Wrote:

I'm certainly trying!  

Yeah, TBH you're much better at making good RPG posts than I am :P
Aww thank you! Years and years of practice.

Show, don't tell.