The Coffee House
Have you ever shared a bedroom? - Printable Version

+- The Coffee House (https://tch-forum.com)
+-- Forum: Topical discussions (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Health and Lifestyle (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Forum: Home and Beauty (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: Have you ever shared a bedroom? (/showthread.php?tid=5530)

Pages: 1 2

Have you ever shared a bedroom? - Shiny Star - 01-04-2020

Simple question. Over a period of time, have you ever shared a bedroom? Siblings? Partners? How was it with arranging your stuff? Designated areas?

Until I was 14 I shared a room with my sister. We used to have different parts of the room where we kept her stuff but I think she definitely had more space than me!

RE: Have you ever shared a bedroom? - Moonshroom - 01-04-2020

I shared a room several times during my life... the entirety of my childhood with my brother, then several times with friends and partners.

RE: Have you ever shared a bedroom? - Tiger Eyes - 01-04-2020

Yes I did when I was a kid with my sisters.

RE: Have you ever shared a bedroom? - Chellectible - 01-04-2020

I used to share with my sister. I much prefer having my own space though lol

RE: Have you ever shared a bedroom? - Kirkburn - 01-04-2020

I used to share a room with my sister until she left for college. Now I get a room all to myself.

RE: Have you ever shared a bedroom? - JR - 01-04-2020

Yes with my sister and my brother. I do miss sharing rooms with my older brother though.

RE: Have you ever shared a bedroom? - Kyng - 01-04-2020

Not as a permanent arrangement. Pretty much the only times I ever shared rooms have been in hotels or equivalents - so, only for a few days at a time. Even at university, I didn't have roommates (Oxford doesn't do that).

RE: Have you ever shared a bedroom? - Shiny Star - 01-10-2020

(01-04-2020, 10:56 AM)Kyng Wrote: Not as a permanent arrangement. Pretty much the only times I ever shared rooms have been in hotels or equivalents - so, only for a few days at a time. Even at university, I didn't have roommates (Oxford doesn't do that).

Pretty standard then. My uni has mostly single rooms on campus but there are a few twin rooms. They’re cheaper options. Personally I’d hate to do that... even with a friend. Like yeah it’s cheaper but when you get older sharing is harder (especially with a random) but I know that some people love the experience.

RE: Have you ever shared a bedroom? - Jarkko - 01-10-2020

Several times. All but one as an adult. The exception was I shared a bedroom with my younger brother when I was 7 and he was 2, until my dad renovated the house.

I shared a room with a bloke named Terry Beech at a disastrous French immersion school back in 2001, for about two weeks - woulda been longer had I not gotten sick and in a panic withdrawn from the program. My next roommate wasn't until nine years later at CanIL, where I shared a room a guy from Ontario who had spent some of his childhood in Argentina. He met his wife that summer - an Argentinian, no less. :P

Since then I've had no fewer than half a dozen roommates.

RE: Have you ever shared a bedroom? - Kyng - 01-10-2020

(01-10-2020, 04:01 AM)Shiny Star Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 10:56 AM)Kyng Wrote: Not as a permanent arrangement. Pretty much the only times I ever shared rooms have been in hotels or equivalents - so, only for a few days at a time. Even at university, I didn't have roommates (Oxford doesn't do that).

Pretty standard then. My uni has mostly single rooms on campus but there are a few twin rooms. They’re cheaper options. Personally I’d hate to do that... even with a friend. Like yeah it’s cheaper but when you get older sharing is harder (especially with a random) but I know that some people love the experience.

Yeah, I'd have hated it too. I really don't like the idea of basically having to share my entire personal life with someone else (even a close friend), and not really having time to myself -_- .

It was kind of fun when I did it on school trips; however, that was only for a few days, and I'm glad it ended after that.