The Coffee House
Star Wars Episode IX - Printable Version

+- The Coffee House (https://tch-forum.com)
+-- Forum: Recreation and Media (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: Stage and Screen (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+---- Thread: Star Wars Episode IX (/showthread.php?tid=550)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Star Wars Episode IX - Kyng - 02-09-2019

(01-01-2019, 04:37 PM)JHG Wrote: #StarWarsLegendsisthetruecanon

Yeah, I still haven't read any of those. I probably should one day :P

Anyway, we're now hearing that Lando's role in this film will only be small. It'll be like Maz Kanata in the previous two, where he provides a bit of help to find something: 

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-9-lando-calrissian-details-billy-dee-williams/

Makes sense, really. The new characters are established now: they need to be the ones carrying the film. It can't just be the old guys taking over (although, prior to Carrie Fisher's passing, the plan was that she would be playing a large role in this film :( )

RE: Star Wars Episode IX - Kyng - 04-12-2019

The title of this movie has been revealed: and it'll be called Meesa Back - sorry, The Rise of Skywalker.

There's also a teaser trailer, which implies that Emperor Palpatine will have a role in this:

I wonder how they're going to make that work. I really hope they don't pull a "lolno he's not actually dead even though he's been dead since 1983" stunt, but showing him in a flashback might be interesting.

RE: Star Wars Episode IX - Lurkerish Allsorts - 04-12-2019

(04-12-2019, 08:27 PM)Kyng Wrote: I wonder how they're going to make that work. I really hope they don't pull a "lolno he's not actually dead even though he's been dead since 1983" stunt, but showing him in a flashback might be interesting.
Like how the pre Disney EU handled it I bet, cloning.

The title makes in some what interested, but I am still soured over the last one.

RE: Star Wars Episode IX - queenzelda - 04-12-2019

So Rey's a Skywalker now? -_- Ugh, I'm so not interested.. The Legends series of books are way better, compared to the dirge Disney is making. Everyone else can enjoy is my feeling. 

I need to make a shirt that says; "Not my Star Wars." :p

(04-12-2019, 08:50 PM)queenzelda Wrote: So Rey's a Skywalker now? -_- Ugh, I'm so not interested.. The Legends series of books are way better, compared to the dirge Disney is making. Everyone else can enjoy is my feeling. 

I need to make a shirt that says; "Not my Star Wars." :p

If Rey is Skywalker (by blood) that means some of the Marysue she is with in (the good) Star Wars cannon (Skywalers being the most powerful force users in the universe) and is a way to patch up some of the issues with the previous movie (which should have had that reveal in it....but Disney seems to not care that much about who is directing and what they are doing to it). Luke was a Marysue (but not to the extend Rey is), as was Anikin.

RE: Star Wars Episode IX - Kyng - 04-12-2019

I'm really not sure how I'd feel about Rey being a Skywalker.

Oh well. As I said in my opening post, I'll probably still end up seeing Episode IX, but I'm not invested in the story any more. There's a 99% chance that my friends will invite me to see it - and, if they do, then I won't turn them down - but, I won't go out of my way to see it.

(04-12-2019, 09:20 PM)Kyng Wrote: I'm really not sure how I'd feel about Rey being a Skywalker.

• When The Force Awakens was released, and people were accusing Rey of being a Mary Sue, I was one of the people defending her to a certain extent. I argued that, sure, some of her powers seemed very overblown for a random nobody - but, she probably wasn't a random nobody. I figured she was so powerful for a good reason: she'd probably be related to some other important character, and all would be explained adequately by the next two movies.
  • When The Last Jedi came out, I couldn't defend her any more. That movie made it clear that, yes, she was just a random nobody, and there was no satisfying explanation for why she would have these powers. That's one of the reasons why The Last Jedi annoyed me so much: it actually ruined The Force Awakens for me -_- !
  • Now, if Rey does turn out to be a Skywalker after all, Episode IX will essentially be pretending that Episode VIII never happened. This is another thing that annoys me about the Sequel Trilogy: there wasn't much cohesion between Episodes VII and VIII - so, if there's also none between Episodes VIII and IX, then the trilogy will completely fail to tell a coherent story :facepalm: .

Oh well. As I said in my opening post, I'll probably still end up seeing Episode IX, but I'm not invested in the story any more. There's a 99% chance that my friends will invite me to see it - and, if they do, then I won't turn them down - but, I won't go out of my way to see it.
I agree with you 100% Like I said the time to reveal Rey's parentage was TLJ at latest.

RE: Star Wars Episode IX - queenzelda - 04-13-2019

Like I said, I so don't care. Disney's Star Wars has never interested me, it never will. So even if (maybe) I'm right, it wouldn't surprise me.

RE: Star Wars Episode IX - JHG - 04-13-2019

Should’ve been titled Knights of the New Republic.

RE: Star Wars Episode IX - Kyng - 04-14-2019

Is there even a "New Republic", though? I thought its core systems got blown up in Episode VII.

(Though, "Knights of the New Republic" might be a cool name for a separate story that takes place between Episodes VI and VII - or possibly one that takes place after Episode IX, assuming that the New Republic is rebuilt afterwards!)