The Coffee House
Anyone Else Diabetic? - Printable Version

+- The Coffee House (https://tch-forum.com)
+-- Forum: Topical discussions (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Health and Lifestyle (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Anyone Else Diabetic? (/showthread.php?tid=5325)

Pages: 1 2

Anyone Else Diabetic? - Tiger Eyes - 12-09-2019

As most know, I am a Type 2 non insulin Diabetic, which means I don't have to do the insulin injections. I am just curious but is anyone else a Diabetic, too?

RE: Anyone Else Diabetic? - Deleted User 376 - 12-09-2019

No I didn't know that about you but I am not Diabetic how do you cope with food and chocolate or something else

RE: Anyone Else Diabetic? - Tiger Eyes - 12-10-2019

Thanks to the classes I took, I found out I can have that stuff just in moderation. Any time I eat that stuff, I also have to drink water to filter out the sugar from my blood. I also have to test my blood once a day.

RE: Anyone Else Diabetic? - Shiny Star - 12-10-2019

I am not diabetic but I have interacted with two people with Diabetes. One of them carries around to meals a device that pricks her finger and reads her levels or something. She injects insulin into her arm too and tends to have sugar free foods. I think that they realised they were Diabetic when they were children when they felt faint etc.

RE: Anyone Else Diabetic? - Tiger Eyes - 12-10-2019

Juvenile Onset Type 1 Diabetes. I had to do a lot of studying up on it in order to understand which type I have. I do know mine is reversible by losing weight. It happened because of my gaining too much weight and staying that way for a long time. A lot of us have to wear Medic Alert jewelery, too in order to identify us as Diabetics, but some wear them for other reasons too.

RE: Anyone Else Diabetic? - Moonshroom - 12-10-2019

I have been strongly advised to take the exams to see whether or not I'm a diabetic person.

I guess I'm too afraid I'm not gonna like the answer, and that's why I'm not sure.

RE: Anyone Else Diabetic? - Kyng - 12-10-2019

Not personally, but my dad had Type 2 diabetes a while back. Fortunately, it was caught quite early, and he was able to manage it before it got too bad :) .

RE: Anyone Else Diabetic? - Detective Osprey - 12-10-2019

I’m not, but my mom is.

RE: Anyone Else Diabetic? - Pyrite - 12-10-2019

(12-10-2019, 12:16 AM)Dust Bowl Wrote: I have been strongly advised to take the exams to see whether or not I'm a diabetic person.

I guess I'm too afraid I'm not gonna like the answer, and that's why I'm not sure.

Just to say I'd personally advise that you take them - if something is wrong, it's best to get it diagnosed so you can react to that and get the right treatment. If it turns out that you're fine, you're free from the worry of it. :) 

Anyway, I don't have diabetes, but my dad does. I've been checked and my blood sugar levels are normal so I don't have it.

RE: Anyone Else Diabetic? - Yami Yugi - 12-10-2019

Nope, though my mother was prediabetic when she was alive.