The Coffee House
BTS to take 'extended break' - Printable Version

+- The Coffee House (https://tch-forum.com)
+-- Forum: Recreation and Media (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: Music and Audio (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+---- Thread: BTS to take 'extended break' (/showthread.php?tid=4281)

Pages: 1 2

BTS to take 'extended break' - Kyng - 08-13-2019

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/08/12/k-pop-superstars-bts-take-extended-break/

South Korean boy band, BTS, will take their first long holiday in six years after a series of global hits, their managers said, asking fans to respect the band's privacy if they see them in "a chance encounter".

The band, which has led a wave of Korean pop music, crowned their global reach with three No. 1 albums on the Billboard chart in less than a year, a 2019 Grammy nomination and concerts from Los Angeles to Paris.

The seven members will take their first extended vacation since the band's debut in 2013, managers Big Hit Entertainment said on Sunday.

"This period of rest will be an opportunity for the members of BTS, who have relentless(ly) driven themselves toward their goal since their debut, to recharge and prepare to present themselves anew as musicians and creators," it said.

Big Hit did not say how long BTS will be on holiday. The band's website said their next world tour concert is in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on Oct. 11.

Well, I don't know what the situation is between the band members, but after six years of phenomenal success, I'd say they've earned a break even if things are perfect between them.

Question is, what does the future hold for the band?

RE: BTS to take 'extended break' - Shiny Star - 08-13-2019

I’m not really a fan of them but I know a few people that like them. I saw a few videos that suggest that they are overworked because they have both complicated dance routines and have to maintain their vocals. They’re honestly talented and such humble people. However, I do think that they do need time to properly relax for the sake of their health. They’re one of the biggest boy bands if not the biggest at the moment so there’s a lot of pressure on them as a group. 

We shall see what happens.

RE: BTS to take 'extended break' - Eternal Sunshine - 11-02-2019

They are the biggest boy band in right now following closely by another K-Pop group called Monsta X. The reason that I know that this is I am huge fan of BTS and K-Pop music in generally.

RE: BTS to take 'extended break' - JR - 11-02-2019

ew K Pop.

RE: BTS to take 'extended break' - Eternal Sunshine - 11-03-2019

(11-02-2019, 09:50 PM)Wobo Wrote: ew K Pop.

It's okay with me that you feel that way and it doesn't offend me at because everyone has their own opinions.

RE: BTS to take 'extended break' - JR - 11-03-2019

(11-03-2019, 12:11 AM)LadyMoonlight Wrote:

It's okay with me that you feel that way and it doesn't offend me at because everyone has their own opinions.
I didn’t mean to offend you, I just don’t like K Pop. Sorry if you felt that way.

RE: BTS to take 'extended break' - Jarkko - 11-04-2019

If only everyone were like that on teh intarwebz. Kudos to you, LM. Thumbs-up Tick 

A couple of comments of my own here.

1. I prefer K-Pop to modern pop from the Anglosphere (or English-language pop in general), although there's this one song, "Me Likey," that drives me up the wall. :lol:

2. I have to wonder, though... are these K-Pop bands pushing themselves too hard in the pursuit of success? There are a few cases where they have ended up suffering from depression and even committing suicide. Part of this, in all likelihood, is the toxicity of the internet (ESPECIALLY REDDIT), but I still wonder. In light of this, it's actually pretty smart of BTS to take a break for a number of reasons.

RE: BTS to take 'extended break' - Shiny Star - 11-05-2019

(11-04-2019, 02:26 AM)Jarkko Wrote:

If only everyone were like that on teh intarwebz. Kudos to you, LM. Thumbs-up Tick 

A couple of comments of my own here.

1. I prefer K-Pop to modern pop from the Anglosphere (or English-language pop in general), although there's this one song, "Me Likey," that drives me up the wall. :lol:

2. I have to wonder, though... are these K-Pop bands pushing themselves too hard in the pursuit of success? There are a few cases where they have ended up suffering from depression and even committing suicide. Part of this, in all likelihood, is the toxicity of the internet (ESPECIALLY REDDIT), but I still wonder. In light of this, it's actually pretty smart of BTS to take a break for a number of reasons.

I’m not a K-Pop fan, however I have noticed how the community is online. I think that there is a lot of pressure from managers and record labels for K-Pop stars to push themselves to release music and perform as it is a massive fan base. Not only do these stars have to perfect their vocals for songs but they also have complex dance routines. I can imagine that learning and doing these routines can be very draining mentally and physically. I would assume that this is a contributing factor to stars suffering from mental illness or committing themselves. The death of Sulli(?) was pretty bad, especially since she was 25 years old. 

I agree that the internet is a toxic place for anyone, especially K-Pop stars and fans. I know that some people find K-Pop stans overwhelming, which leads to people associating the music with negativity. As the internet is indirect, it can be easy to be careless in what we say at times and not see the consequences of saying things. Nonetheless, I agree that this break is good. It means that fans will be more hyped for the return and the stars can have a well-deserved rest!

RE: BTS to take 'extended break' - Eternal Sunshine - 11-05-2019

Their break was officially over the first of November so that they are working on their new album and they were also learning English better over their break.

RE: BTS to take 'extended break' - Shiny Star - 11-05-2019

(11-05-2019, 02:12 AM)LadyMoonlight Wrote: Their break was officially over the first of November so that they are working on their new album and they were also learning English better over their break.

I didn’t even realise! That must be exciting then. I’m sure they’ll produce amazing music. I know that one of the members had been working on his English a lot more in the past which led him to speaking in interviews the most. I would love them to embed more English lyrics into their songs as I do know a tiny bit of their music.