The Coffee House
Currently reading? (Or last read) - Printable Version

+- The Coffee House (https://tch-forum.com)
+-- Forum: Recreation and Media (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: Reading (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+---- Thread: Currently reading? (Or last read) (/showthread.php?tid=297)

RE: Currently reading? (Or last read) - Cool Cory - 10-07-2023

Really Good, Actually (by Monica Heisey).

RE: Currently reading? (Or last read) - Cool Cory - 10-08-2023

It Starts with Us (by Collen Hoover).

RE: Currently reading? (Or last read) - Melanie - 10-10-2023

I do this on other forums, so why not here? Be warned that I read a lot of books at once and switch them around. I have to since my hyperfixations change.

Physical Books:

The Gaming Mind by Alexander Kriss (Non-Fiction) (Psychology). I picked this up at a Books-A-Million on a road trip a while back and randomly came across it in my book collection one day while I was looking for something to do. I'm around halfway through it now. As someone who is interested in both psychology and video games, this seemed like an interesting book, and it is so far! It's written by a therapist who plays video games and sometimes treats people who also play them. It goes into questions like "Do Games Make You Violent?" and "What if Someone is Addicted?" but from someone who actually understands gaming. It also has some interesting gaming history in it as well.

Driven to Distraction by Edward M. Hallowell and John J. Ratey (Non-Fiction) (Mental Health). My fiancé has ADHD, and I might have it too (I'm not diagnosed with ADHD myself, but I do have bipolar, which can be similar), and after meeting him I gained an interest in ADHD and began reading about it. I've read one of the authors' other books, ADHD 2.0, and enjoyed it, so I'm reading this one next. It's really interesting so far and has stories of people who got treatment for ADHD.

Hidden Valley Road by Robert Kolker. (Non-Fiction) (Mental Health) I just recently bought this from Barnes & Noble since it's a story about schizophrenia and I love learning about mental health. I just started it, so not much to say yet.

Audiobooks:

Hope and Other Luxuries (Non-Fiction) (Mental Health Memoir) by Clare B. Dunkle, the mother of the woman who wrote the memoir Elena Vanishing. This is Elena's mother's experience with helping a daughter with an eating disorder and also being a professional writer, and I love it so far. I already loved Elena Vanishing, and so far this book hasn't disappointed me either.

RE: Currently reading? (Or last read) - Kyng - 10-10-2023

A new issue of The Railway Magazine.

RE: Currently reading? (Or last read) - Cool Cory - 10-12-2023

Normal People by Sally Rooney.

RE: Currently reading? (Or last read) - Kyng - 10-13-2023

100 Endgames You Must Know, by Jesús de la Villa.

Will probably take me a while to get through it, since the author recommends consuming it in small doses!

RE: Currently reading? (Or last read) - Melanie - 10-16-2023

I got some new books and went to the library, so I'm updating:

E-Books:

Matched by Ally Condie. I've read this book before but never finished the entire series, so now I'm starting from the beginning. I love this book! Some people might find it weird, but I really like reading about fictional dystopian worlds (even though that genre is often criticized due to how many publishers pushed for it when The Hunger Games got popular). I love this book's description of how the Society works, and describes how messed up it is without outright saying so just yet.

Physical Books:

The Gaming Mind by Alexander Kriss. Almost done with this one, and it's been a great read.

Good Girls by Hadley Freeman. I KNEW I had to read this because it's a new mental health memoir, and those are my favorite types of books. This one is about ED's. I'm not far in it yet, but I really like it so far.

Prodigy: A Legend Novel by Marie Lu. Yes, another dystopian YA fiction book. :P I read the first book a while ago and really liked it, so I thought I should read the sequel. I just started it.

RE: Currently reading? (Or last read) - Uncrowned Guard - 10-16-2023

Currently Reading the Goblin Slayer: Year One manga

RE: Currently reading? (Or last read) - Opal Fruit - 10-20-2023

Terry Pratchett - Thief Of Time (Discworld)

RE: Currently reading? (Or last read) - Kyng - 10-22-2023

(10-13-2023, 10:30 PM)Kyng Wrote: 100 Endgames You Must Know, by Jesús de la Villa.

Will probably take me a while to get through it, since the author recommends consuming it in small doses!

A bit more of this... I made a start on some of the actual endgames :lol: !