The Coffee House
Music videos - Printable Version

+- The Coffee House (https://tch-forum.com)
+-- Forum: Recreation and Media (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: Music and Audio (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+---- Thread: Music videos (/showthread.php?tid=2730)

Music videos - Deleted User 8 - 03-02-2019

Most times, a song is accompanied with a video just for it to be represented more, and catch the attention of everyone more than just audio. However, they don't always follow the rule of being "creative" as they should be but there are some that do, even to convey a hidden message or something else fantastic.

To begin, let me post this one, which is one of my faves:

I like this one not only because of the song itself but also how it was made - the visuals appear exactly in time with the beats and sounds heard throughout. You can see it for yourself in the above video.

For the thread itself, this should only be of official music videos, not those AMVs or whatever else YouTubers make these days. Now, carry on.

RE: Music videos - Shiny Star - 04-08-2019

I love a good music video. For my favourite artists, I watch them. I really like Miley Cyrus’ ‘Younger Now’ video as there were so many unintentional and intentional references that made her come back fierce. I also like the ‘11 minutes away one’ by Halsey and YUNGBLUD. You Me At Six’s ‘Oh no!’ also hasn’t an epic one too. A really iconic music video is Ariana Grande’s ‘thank u, next’ of course. It has Troye Sivan in it!

I honestly rate thought out music videos or ones with underlying meanings. It makes the meaning of the song more special and deeper as it’s an art and telling the story through images too. Beautiful stuff.

RE: Music videos - Lurkerish Allsorts - 04-08-2019

Dire Straights - Money for Nothing - One of the first time Computer 3D animation was used of human characters and was ground breaking for the time

Buggles, "Video Killed The Radio Star" - the first music video to be on MTV

Mumford and Sons - Babylon edited so well to make it look like a single continuous shot.

RE: Music videos - Jarkko - 04-08-2019

As much as I like Christian metal, it doesn't always have the best videos. :P A particularly poignant one, though, is Earth Groans' video for "Avarice."

Lyrics to Avarice for those who need them (which is probably anyone who listens)

In terms of "cool factor," I think the video for Front Line Assembly's "Mindphaser" is probably my favourite. As much as I like "Plasticity," all the video for that is is a bunch of CGI symbols. It's really meant to be a club backdrop. "Mindphaser," on the other hand, takes scenes from the (supposedly not that good) Japanese movie "Gunhed" and splices in original scenes featuring the band members - Bill Leeb, Rhys Fulber, and (I think) Chris Peterson. 

(04-08-2019, 03:01 AM)Lurker101 Wrote: Dire Straights - Money for Nothing - One of the first time Computer 3D animation was used of human characters and was ground breaking for the time.

YES! I loved that video!

RE: Music videos - Deleted User 8 - 04-10-2019

(04-08-2019, 03:01 AM)Lurker101 Wrote: Dire Straights - Money for Nothing - One of the first time Computer 3D animation was used of human characters and was ground breaking for the time
And there was another that demonstrated 3D bliss...

Pure orgasm for the eyeballs :D

RE: Music videos - Reyzadren - 04-25-2019

Music videos are made to be watchable and fun, like this: (metalcore genre)

RE: Music videos - Deleted User 8 - 04-30-2019

Even more so within the EBM circle, like this:

And... this.

Now, this video may not be for the faint-hearted (even by the explicit lyrics and title) but, Johan Van Roy (frontman) was actually poking fun at the genre that he's in (along with its associated tropes, that you can see throughout it), and also probably made in response to all other cringey music videos such as those of the pop circle.

Personally, it's one of my favourite EBM songs of all time

RE: Music videos - queenzelda - 05-08-2019

I really like the imagery of this music video.

RE: Music videos - Deleted User 8 - 05-08-2019

And I like the imagery of this one. Cyberpunk ftw! Thumbs-up

RE: Music videos - Johnnylee - 05-19-2019

Pink Floyd - Mother 

Time machine,the Integratron theory...
Very interesting if you think about it, its so much of a coincidence its uncanny for just a 38 year guess,Pink Floyd also knew Trump would run for President and Hillarys firing squad when they made the Album the Wall back in 1979...Mother do you think they'll try to break my balls? Mother should I build the wall? Mother should I run for president? Mother should I trust the government? Mother will they put me in the firing line?...there is a time machine that was built called The Integratron, it is a structure designed by Ufologist and Contactee George Van Tassel. Tassel claimed the Integratron was capable of rejuvenation, anti-gravity and time travel so maybe Roger Waters was one of the many musicians that has visited the time machine and saw the events thats happening in our world today. They say it was Modeled after the Tabernacle that some believe was built by Moses,but George said it was given to him by a alien and he gave him the formula for time travel which is F=1/T ..... The formula is the basic equation for the bigger picture on the construction to the Time machine.
Roger Waters visited the integratron and he used the formula to travel through time!!