The Coffee House
Load warning Detective Osprey’s art/writing - Printable Version

+- The Coffee House (https://tch-forum.com)
+-- Forum: Community Café (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Creative Hub (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Load warning Detective Osprey’s art/writing (/showthread.php?tid=271)

RE: My art and writing - Kyng - 11-04-2023

Well, you've done a great job :D !

And of course, I'm glad you had fun drawing her :) .

RE: My art and writing - Detective Osprey - 11-07-2023

(11-04-2023, 08:25 PM)Kyng Wrote: Well, you've done a great job :D !

And of course, I'm glad you had fun drawing her :) .
Thank you!!

RE: My art and writing - Shiny Star - 11-08-2023

Really impressive stuff as usual. I always love the Pokémon and your taste in them. 

Human hands and knees are really hard to draw but you’ve done it really well!

RE: My art and writing - Detective Osprey - 11-09-2023

(11-08-2023, 11:48 PM)Shiny Star Wrote: Really impressive stuff as usual. I always love the Pokémon and your taste in them. 

Human hands and knees are really hard to draw but you’ve done it really well!
I appreciate that! Thank you!

RE: My art and writing - Detective Osprey - 12-02-2023

Zans has updated art now. If you like this base, I have for sale here!
[Image: Zans_2023.png]

RE: My art and writing - Kyng - 12-02-2023

Great work :D !

Thanks for sharing :) .

RE: My art and writing - Detective Osprey - 12-10-2023

Bonus character I worked on for my school project (completely drew her at home, save for a bit of the lineart. I drew her a little bit before my class lol).
Her name is Taiyou-megami. And she has the ability to control fire, lava, volcanoes and also has sun powers. She's a Ural Owl. **REFERENCE PHOTO. I have trouble drawing bird feathers!!** I need more practice! Edit: oh crap. I just found this lol:
No Derivatives — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material.

RIP  Sweating  I feel badddddddd. Does drawing over an image count? *cries*

Here is normally:
[Image: 1024px-Taiyou-megami.png?20231210074613]
Here she is with her powers activated: EDIT: she is immune to the flames. I should've made this clear, as she is a goddess. 
[Image: 1024px-Taiyou-megami_with_powers_activat...1210074500]

RE: My art and writing - Kyng - 12-10-2023

(12-10-2023, 07:50 AM)Detective Osprey Wrote: Edit: oh crap. I just found this lol:
No Derivatives — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material.

RIP  Sweating  I feel badddddddd. Does drawing over an image count? *cries*

Yeah, TBH I think it does count :( . With that being said, Fair Use laws do allow copyrighted material to be used for "educational purposes" under certain circumstances - so, if this was created for a school project, then you might be in the clear. (I'm not a copyright lawyer, and I'm not an expert in how far those exceptions go, so this post certainly shouldn't be taken as legal advice: I'm just throwing it out there!)

Anyway, if you're still worried, then you could always: a) try to get into contact with them, and ask them whether they're OK with it, or b) redo it with a different base (which I hope wouldn't take as long doing it the second time as it did the first time!)

RE: My art and writing - Detective Osprey - 12-10-2023

Sigh... I guess I'll have to start over.

fun.

RE: My art and writing - Kyng - 12-10-2023

Well, now I've found this passage, from the article you just posted:

Quote:"You’re allowed to use these photos for your studies, as long as you don’t publish the original photo (you can publish the lines on their own). But if you want to be completely safe, it’s best to use sites with free stock images, like Pixabay or Unsplash—they provide plenty of photos in good resolution, free to use, modify, and publish even without credit."

Your owl image does contain lines that were traced from the original photograph; however, it contains no part of the photograph itself. So, it sounds as though your use of the photograph as a reference was OK after all? (or, in the language of Fair Use, your use of the photograph could be considered "transformative" rather than "derivative").

Of course, in the future, it's best to use images whose licences do allow derivative works, if you want to be completely safe!