The Coffee House
Chicken found in McDonald's veggie wraps - Printable Version

+- The Coffee House (https://tch-forum.com)
+-- Forum: Topical discussions (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Health and Lifestyle (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Forum: Food and Drink (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Thread: Chicken found in McDonald's veggie wraps (/showthread.php?tid=2400)

Pages: 1 2

Chicken found in McDonald's veggie wraps - Kyng - 01-25-2019

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-47003878

Vegetarian customers at McDonald's across the UK have reported finding chicken nuggets in meals that are sold as meat-free.

The fast-food chain launched its spicy veggie wrap in early January but restaurant staff appear to be struggling with the recipe.

Its main ingredient is supposed to be a red pesto vegetarian goujon - customers have been given chicken nuggets instead.

It's been happening all over the UK.

Twitter users in Liverpool, Birmingham, Kent, Lincoln, Yorkshire, Elgin, London and Bristol have shared their experiences.

Wow -_- . It'd be one thing if this was an isolated incident, but the fact that it's happening all over the UK is rather worrying. 

I do hope it's not being done intentionally, and it's a result of staff screwing up - but, it seems like a pretty big thing to be screwing up on...

RE: Chicken found in McDonald's veggie wraps - Detective Osprey - 01-25-2019

People could get very sick from that. >:|

Just reading this is making me feel nauseated.

RE: Chicken found in McDonald's veggie wraps - Lurkerish Allsorts - 01-26-2019

Well that is one way to run afowl with vegetarians.

Puns aside, It looks like its a really new item being offered and with it being so wide spread leads me to think McDonalds just dumped it on the stores with little to no support/training for the staff leading the staff to add the chicken from lack of training (or a "they look the same"), or pressure to deliver the product with in a certain time (or both).

RE: Chicken found in McDonald's veggie wraps - Shiny Star - 01-26-2019

I once found a nut in a co-op cookie before that was meant to be only chocolate chip. Lethal.

This is pretty bad though, especially since it goes against what people with these diets eat. Hopefully it’s just a matter of the staff becoming used to what this order actually is. As it’s a fast food place that focuses around chicken a lot, maybe the staff get confused sometimes. Either way, now that attention has been brought to this, it should happen a lot less.

RE: Chicken found in McDonald's veggie wraps - Nilla - 01-26-2019

Sounds like a typical McDonald's screw up. It blows my mind sometimes to how dumb they are when it comes to getting an order correct.

RE: Chicken found in McDonald's veggie wraps - Detective Osprey - 01-26-2019

(01-26-2019, 02:26 AM)Nilla Wrote: Sounds like a typical McDonald's screw up. It blows my mind sometimes to how dumb they are when it comes to getting an order correct.

This is why I effinn hate fast food and don’t eat there.

RE: Chicken found in McDonald's veggie wraps - Eremurus - 01-26-2019

(01-26-2019, 02:26 AM)Nilla Wrote: Sounds like a typical McDonald's screw up. It blows my mind sometimes to how dumb they are when it comes to getting an order correct.

This is not a typical screw up- this would land any business not an international billion dollar corporation into bankruptcy.

Seriously, how does this even happen?

RE: Chicken found in McDonald's veggie wraps - GrieferLord - 01-26-2019

Sounds like a number of factors, the least of ranging from poor training, insufficient supply of the new product, over extended pressure to deliver and needing to meet a quota. I know here in the US most who work at fast food generally dont stay long because they are treated very very poorly and its a high stress job which makes sense. 

It does really suck for those who got the wrong orders and i wont dismiss such, but there are a ton of factors one should take into account before passing final judgement on such.

RE: Chicken found in McDonald's veggie wraps - Megan - 01-26-2019

(01-26-2019, 09:21 AM)GrieferLord Wrote: Sounds like a number of factors, the least of ranging from poor training, insufficient supply of the new product, over extended pressure to deliver and needing to meet a quota. I know here in the US most who work at fast food generally dont stay long because they are treated very very poorly and its a high stress job which makes sense. 

It does really suck for those who got the wrong orders and i wont dismiss such, but there are a ton of factors one should take into account before passing final judgement on such.

Totally agree. I work at McDonalds myself and it can be so stressful. Half the time I run around like crazy trying to do everything. Between that and other staff that are either lazy or pains in the butt and managers that aren’t great it can be hard and isn’t as easy as a lot of people think. Oh and add in the nasty customers you sometimes get.

I know it’s horrid when riders are wrong and stuff though. We don’t even sell veggie wraps by ours. Just chicken ones. Can’t see how chicken nuggets would even get in there. I don’t see how it’s just a normal screw up if it’s going on in multiple places like that. Hopefully it’ll get sorted out.

RE: Chicken found in McDonald's veggie wraps - Nilla - 01-26-2019

(01-26-2019, 09:00 AM)Crooked Crow Wrote:

This is not a typical screw up- this would land any business not an international billion dollar corporation into bankruptcy.

Seriously, how does this even happen? 

I just meant that it's not surprising that McDonald's screwed up.