The Coffee House
Hogwarts Castle vs. Death Star - Printable Version

+- The Coffee House (https://tch-forum.com)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: RPGs and Fantasies (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Face-off Arena (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Thread: Hogwarts Castle vs. Death Star (/showthread.php?tid=1543)

Hogwarts Castle vs. Death Star - Kyng - 10-20-2018

Harry Potter has just arrived at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, to start his sixth year of study. He'll be learning under the expert tutelage of many of the world's greatest wizards, including Albus Dumbledore, Minerva McGonagall, and Severus Snape: 

[Image: k0o9vyq.jpg]
(Source: Harry Potter Wiki)

However, as the pre-term banquet is due to begin, some of the students admiring the night sky on the Great Hall's charmed ceiling notice that a space station looms overhead:

[Image: NcE1TNL.png]
(Source: Wookieepedia)

Of course, the Death Star's main armament is its planet-destroying superlaser. However, it's far from the only weapon in its arsenal: it's also populated by legions of stormtroopers and many squadrons of TIE fighters, who can swoop down for a ground assault on Hogwarts if need be. Oh, and it has Darth Vader, who can use all his Force abilities should he decide to leave the station itself. 

Because the superlaser is just so powerful, I'm going to add the restriction that the Death Star may NOT fire it at anything other than Hogwarts. This means that the professors and students only have to set up defences around a school, and not an entire planet. Also, the superlaser has a recharge time of 24 hours, and it starts this battle uncharged. This means that the wizards of Hogwarts have an entire day to set up defences (though, they may NOT call in outside help from the Ministry of Magic, or any other wizards: they're on their own)

So, is the power of the Force a match for the might of magic?

RE: Hogwarts Castle vs. Death Star - JHG - 10-20-2018

You really should delete the one without a poll.
Anyway, I back the Death Star due to sheer destructive force even though I feel Star Wars has gone to pot since the Disney takeover.

RE: Hogwarts Castle vs. Death Star - Kyng - 10-20-2018

(10-20-2018, 02:38 PM)JHG Wrote: You really should delete the one without a poll.
Anyway, I back the Death Star due to sheer destructive force even though I feel Star Wars has gone to pot since the Disney takeover.

Whoops! Well spotted; I've deleted it now :)

But, yeah, the "sheer destructive force" in question would be 2.24 x 1032 joules, according to this article. That's equivalent to the total amount of energy put out by the Sun in an entire week. Any Harry Potter nerds want to suggest any magical means of defending against that :lol: ?

RE: Hogwarts Castle vs. Death Star - Detective Osprey - 10-21-2018

Coin flip because I don;t know.

RE: Hogwarts Castle vs. Death Star - JHG - 10-30-2018

(10-20-2018, 04:16 PM)Kyng Wrote:
(10-20-2018, 02:38 PM)JHG Wrote: You really should delete the one without a poll.

Whoops! Well spotted; I've deleted it now :)

But, yeah, the "sheer destructive force" in question would be 2.24 x 1032 joules, according to this article. That's equivalent to the total amount of energy put out by the Sun in an entire week. Any Harry Potter nerds want to suggest any magical means of defending against that :lol:
It’ll just be incinerated. No defense possible.

RE: Hogwarts Castle vs. Death Star - GrieferLord - 10-30-2018

simple, death star would win simply because no matter how much magic you have your not going to keep the planet from going boom. they dont even need to HIT hogwarts. they could just cause severe damage with a low power shot *around 100-150mt* you could raise a barrier but i doubt it will stop the school from being entombed or demolished.