The Coffee House
How do you store/organise your books? - Printable Version

+- The Coffee House (https://tch-forum.com)
+-- Forum: Recreation and Media (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: Reading (https://tch-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+---- Thread: How do you store/organise your books? (/showthread.php?tid=12525)

Pages: 1 2

How do you store/organise your books? - Kyng - 05-13-2022

Let's face it: books take up a lot of space, especially if you have hundreds of them :P . And there are plenty of ways to organise them: you could categorise them by subject; put them in order of title; in order of author; or just build a city out of them :lol: . So, what do you do?

Myself, I've just completed a major re-organisation of all of my books. They're now sorted into the following seven groups:

1) Railways
2) Formula One
3) Science
4) Mathematics
5) Chess + puzzles
6) Humour
7) Everything else

However, they are still in multiple places around the house :lol: . The Formula One books are in my bedroom; the chess/puzzles and humour sections are in the living room; and the other four groups are all in the dining room. It's not ideal, but it's far better than what I had before - where they were all scattered around the house, and not even grouped into categories -_- !

What about you?

RE: How do you store/organise your books? - Nilla - 06-21-2022

I don't really organize them. They are all just in my bookcase. I use the bulkier ones for book ends to keep the paperbacks from falling sideways. Does that count? :P I have a whole plethora of books but I cannot fit one more on that bookcase. :(

RE: How do you store/organise your books? - Cory - 06-22-2022

I have very few actual books. In fact, I probably own more eBooks than actual books, but I have one shelf for my books on one out of three of my bookcases and I have my two The Lord of the Rings books on my desk shelf. Most books I own are coding books.

RE: How do you store/organise your books? - Kyng - 06-22-2022

(06-21-2022, 05:46 PM)Nilla Wrote: I don't really organize them. They are all just in my bookcase. I use the bulkier ones for book ends to keep the paperbacks from falling sideways. Does that count? :P I have a whole plethora of books but I cannot fit one more on that bookcase. :(
I guess so :lol: . I know I've done similar things in the past!

(06-22-2022, 01:31 AM)Cory Wrote: I have very few actual books. In fact, I probably own more eBooks than actual books, but I have one shelf for my books on one out of three of my bookcases and I have my two The Lord of the Rings books on my desk shelf. Most books I own are coding books.

Fair enough, but do you have some way of organising your e-books :P ?

RE: How do you store/organise your books? - Cory - 06-22-2022

(06-22-2022, 04:17 PM)Kyng Wrote: Fair enough, but do you have some way of organising your e-books :P ?

Not really, they kind of organize themself into their own respective categories. I just sort them by alphabetical order myself.

RE: How do you store/organise your books? - MamaFrankie - 06-22-2022

By category or author.

RE: How do you store/organise your books? - Pyrite - 06-22-2022

I actually have a really good system for mine. All the rows are arranged by the name of the author. I have four rows: 'murder mysteries', 'fantasy', 'theology' and the more generic 'large books' for the bottom row.

RE: How do you store/organise your books? - Tiger Eyes - 06-30-2022

I don't normally organize them any sort of way in particular.

RE: How do you store/organise your books? - Shiny Star - 07-01-2022

Usually just put similar sized ones together. If it’s the same series then it can go next to each other.

RE: How do you store/organise your books? - Kyng - 07-02-2022

(06-22-2022, 09:11 PM)Pyrite Wrote: I actually have a really good system for mine. All the rows are arranged by the name of the author. I have four rows: 'murder mysteries', 'fantasy', 'theology' and the more generic 'large books' for the bottom row.

That is a good system :D . I have mine organised into broad categories (like I explained in my opening post), but I haven't yet bothered to organise each row by author.

Maybe one day, when I'm very bored :lol: .