The Coffee House

Full Version: Hangman Tournament #1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
About four months ago, I closed down Hangman. However, I did say that this wouldn't be the end of Hangman on TCH forever - and I would probably still do tournaments every now and then. This is the first such tournament.

Here's how this is going to work:

• This tournament will have five rounds (all hosted by me). Each round will be on a different subject, and later rounds will have more letters than earlier ones (which should prevent anybody from building an insurmountable lead early on :P ).

• Each round starts three days after the previous one, or when the previous one is solved (whichever is earlier).

• As in the original game, Vowels cannot be guessed until the first mistake has been made (either someone guesses a letter which wasn't in the clue, or makes an incorrect attempt to solve the puzzle).

The prize structure for this tournament will be similar to that from the old Hangman thread, as follows:

• 10CC for every correct letter (for example, if there are two Ts in the clue, then the player who guesses T wins 20CC);
  • 20CC per unrevealed letter for the person who solves (for example, if there are six letters left, then the person who solves correctly wins 20 x 6 = 120CC);
  • A 100CC Perfect Bonus if the puzzle is solved with no mistakes (nobody guessing letters that weren't there or making incorrect attempts to solve);
  • A Rosettelightblue Blue Ribbon for the highest scorer, if they win at least two Perfect Bonuses.

So, here's the first round:

_ _ _ _ _ _ (Category: Science)
Perfect Bonus still available; no vowels

Good luck, everybody :) !
T?
S?
Afraid not :( .

_ _ _ _ _ _ (Category: Science)
No S, T

Vowels are available
E?
Nope, sorry :(