The Coffee House

Full Version: Pictures of Earth's natural beauty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Simple thread, here: just post and discuss images the Earth's natural beauty! They could be mountains, or forests, individual plants, meteorological phenomena - or just about anything else you can think of that fits! The only thing is, this thread is about natural beauty: man-made structures are permitted in the background, but if they're the primary focus of the picture, then you're better off posting it in the "Beautiful Architecture" thread.

Since this is a cross-post from the old forum, I'll start with the same picture of Geirangerfjord in Norway that featured in the opening post of that thread :P : 

[Image: LdhrRXM.jpg]
(Click to enlarge; Source: Tristan Taussac; Photo shared under CC-BY-ND 2.0 licence)
[Image: QfKTUZS.jpg]

San Marino - Fortress of Guaita.
Buffalo Spring:
[Image: hires]
Public domain.
Wow, this thread needs to get going again :O !

Peyto Lake, Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada:

[Image: ZsIpjuA.jpg]
(Click to enlarge; Source: Steve Boland; Shared under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0 licence)

Another one where I'd recommend the full-size image!
Victoria Falls:
[Image: 640px-Victoria_Falls_from_Air.jpg]
Source.

Gorgeous place!
Northern Lights in Budir, Iceland:

Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)
(Source: Giuseppe Milo; View licence terms)

Unless your name is Roy Hodgson, it's hard not to appreciate this :) .
Wow... Iceland is so magical!!
(01-05-2019, 05:56 PM)ObsessedwithBirds Wrote: [ -> ]Wow... Iceland is so magical!!

It is! I was going to go there a couple of years ago, but unfortunately it fell through :(

Now, here's a snow scene in the Arizona desert: 

[Image: TLtwaDa.jpg]
(Source: Katie Moore; View licence terms)

Quite a startling contrast between this and how we're used to seeing the desert :O !
An oasis in Huacachina, Peru:

[Image: yywEjtw.jpg]
(Source: ms.akr; View licence terms)
Pages: 1 2