The Coffee House

Full Version: Coral Springs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
I am looking forward to starting this and do hope I can get a lot of characters cast for it. I will be adding bios soon.  Be sure to include if your character is any other species besides human. I will allow up to four hybrids other than the twins.

In a town like Coral Springs, the wealthy are the ones who carry the power. This wasn’t always the way though. You see. Many years ago, the town, which was just south of Los Angeles was where the poor lived. This changed after a man named Eli Walker became Mayor of the town. He used his money to improve the town greatly and with that, the town became one of the richest in the world.

Eli had a family of his own, marrying his high school sweetheart, Robin Swartz. They together had three kids: Nelson, James, and Evan. Of the three, he felt the best suited to prepare to carry on his legacy was his youngest son, Evan.

Evan was more than willing to take up his father’s mantle. Unfortunately, while he was young his favorite pastime was hanging out with his friends and sharing tall tales regarding those who live in the next town over, which just happen to be Mystic Springs.

According to the stories, various supernatural beings took up residence there many years ago. Most only come out after dark or during a full moon several days each month. Most of the time it’s an incredibly quiet sort of town, but it does carry one legend which some do believe could be true to this very day.

You see according to legend, back in the late 80s, a human man fell deeply in love with a vampire woman. They were only together for a short time because this was genuinely forbidden by both sides. Together, they gave birth to a supernatural set of twins. This set of twins were born hybrids, being a mix of both human and vampire heritage. The twins were split up for their protection and put into hiding. No one knew what happened to the twins except for their birth parents.

The man attempted to move on and live a normal human life in Harrisburg, but because of his special child, he was extremely limited and not able to fully open himself up and let any woman into his heart. He still was in love with his high school sweetheart. He wound up moving back to Coral Springs, but still worries for his child's safety among humans. At the same time, she is discovering she is different from humans and wants to know more. Her father knows it is time he leveled with his daughter about her heritage, but he still worries about the threat of Hunters who might come after her.

Current Species List: Human, Hybrid, Vampire, Werewolf, Hunter, Witch/Mystic

Characters:

Megan Reynolds(15-year-old with a mysterious past. She is secretly a hybrid of Human and Vampire but is just now learning what this means. No one else but her family is aware of her supernatural nature.) Played By Tiger Eyes

Jessica Davidson(Human 15-year-old teen who loves partying and dance.) Played By  Kyng

Brian Nichols(17-year old who feels drawn to Megan despite already having a girlfriend who abuses him and is a mean girl.) Played By Shiny Star

Shauna Daniels(16-year old who was held back a year in school for some mysterious reason. Her origins are a mystery. She is a very mean girl, too.)

Matt Harper(17-year-old who is best friends with Brian)

Chelsea Reardon(Shauna's best friend and another 16-year-old. She is also a mean girl and is even more ruthless than Shauna.)

More characters can be added as more join the RPG.
Can I take Jessica, please?

She seems very different from me, but that's kind of why I'm picking her: I think it might be fun to role-play my own polar opposite :lol: !
You got her, CJ!
Since it's been three weeks, shall we just start?
Yep. It's time to start. Here we go!

It was close to one in the afternoon when Megan entered her new school. She glanced around at the other students feeling completely different from them. She walked down the hall and towards the main office. Her father was walking next to her.  She noticed one boy who was watching her as she walked by. She also noticed his girlfriend was glaring jealously at her as well.
Jessica made her way down the corridor towards the English classroom, for the first lesson of the day. However, in among the crowd of students who were stampeding down the corridor in the opposite direction, she noticed a new, unfamiliar face. It was another girl, about the same age as her - but there was something unusual about her skin tone and facial features. She couldn't quite put a finger on exactly what it was; however, she could tell that something wasn't right, so she opted to lurk in the shadows and avoid speaking to her...
Can I be Brian?
(sure.)

Megan continued towards the office to get registered. She sighed nervously as she walked. She noticed everyone she passed by appeared to be staring at her, which made her uncomfortable. She glanced at her father. She received a gesture to calm down by him. This seemed to work as they arrived outside the office door. She sighed as he opened the door. He let her enter first before he followed her closely behind. 

They were quick meeting with the principal and getting her registered. She was assigned her homeroom and given her class schedule. 

Right outside the office door, they parted ways and she quickly headed for her first period class.
Brian stood with his girlfriend, pretending to listen to her complaining about whatever she was complaining about this time. He definitely didn’t feel like coming to school today, however he wasn’t interested in the school phoning him up due to his absence. He noticed the same old faces that he saw everyday go past him until his eyes landed on a girl he hadn’t seen before. The pigment of her skin was a distinct yet blended colour. On further inspection, he observed her unique yet fitting facial features. Realising that he was staring for too long and that she noticed, he quickly looked away. 

‘Probably time to head off to class.’ He mumbled to himself and walked the opposite direction.
OOC: Whoops, didn't realise it was my turn -_- . Sorry!

BIC: Jessica breathed a sigh of relief, as the strange new girl simply walked past without speaking to her or even acknowledging her. However, she did feel a tinge of guilt for doing so: after all, the new girl looked anxious, and understandably so. Starting at a new school was always a nerve-racking experience - and the stares from other students certainly weren't helping.

After a relatively routine English lesson, she headed off to her second class of the day, which was Chemistry. As it turned out, she was the second student to make it to the lab... beaten only by the new girl. As a result, she decided that now would be as good a time as any to break her silence.

"Hi... I'm Jessica. Nice to meet you :) ."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21