The Coffee House

Full Version: Activists Want To Ban The Rudolph Movie From Christmas This Year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Activist and critics want to ban the Rudolph movie because of  of the Christmas special believe that it celebrates bullies, they want to stop it from negatively influencing the lives of young children across the country. 

Here's the link to the whole article:
https://awm.com/activists-want-to-ban-th...QgLnHsluE/

I own the movie on DVD so I can watch it whenever I want to and if people watched Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer: The Movie they would understand the true meaning Rudolph's red nose.
First of all, I should note that the article doesn't say who's doing this: it just uses vague terms like "activists" and "the politically correct police". The fact that it's unable to name anybody specific, and the source is known for being clickbait, makes me think it's probably blowing this out of proportion - and the 'ban' calls are just a tiny handful of people on the internet who have no influence whatsoever.

With that said, I think it's completely idiotic for anybody to call for Rudolph to be cancelled over something like this -_- . I do hope I'm right about it being just a few idiots (and nobody influential), because if I'm wrong about that, then... ugh -_- .
Yes, I couldn't agree more. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer: The Movie explains that everyone has a light inside them but Rudolph's light just has happens to be on the outside instead and the true meaning of the Rudolph story is not to judge a book by it's cover.
It's stupid to get rid of a Christmas program that shows someone overcoming adversity in the middle of a crisis and get respect for it in the end. This is basically the message behind this much-loved special. It was my favorite as a kid and both of my daughters grew up watching it. I feel it is stupid to even consider canceling it. I'm more than happy we have it on DVD and I have it on my computer, too. It can also be found on YouTube.
lolwut

It doesn't celebrate bullies. It's called a children's movie. But hey, go ahead and ban something completely UNOFFENSIVE. TBH I feel like the majority of people these days think everything is offensive. tHis pOsT iS oFfEnsIve. People will find any excuse to get rid of something just because they don't like it.