The Coffee House

Full Version: Carnotaurus vs Pelorovis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Carnotaurus
[Image: 7bb8dd04101921f64f868dddd2f360c6ec2748e5.png]
The mad bull of dinosaurs, this fast abelisaur ruled over Late Cretaceous South America.
Length: 8 meters
Weight: 1.5 tonnes
Pelorovis
[Image: pelorovis.jpg]
This giant buffalo is a savannah predator's nightmare!
Length: 3 meters
Weight: 2 tonnes
Wow, Carnotaurus barely has arms. They're even shorter and stubbier than the ones on a T. rex!

Anyway, I doubt it needs arms, since its speed and its bite a perfectly good in combat. Still, Pelorovis can fight back with those horns if Carnotaurus makes a wrong move - and its sheer bulk means it should be able to withstand several attacks.

I'll go with Carnotaurus, since its speed and manoeuvrability should give it a crucial edge - but I can see this one going either way.
(10-17-2020, 10:48 AM)Kyng Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, Carnotaurus barely has arms. They're even shorter and stubbier than the ones on a T. rex!

Anyway, I doubt it needs arms, since its speed and its bite a perfectly good in combat. Still, Pelorovis can fight back with those horns if Carnotaurus makes a wrong move - and its sheer bulk means it should be able to withstand several attacks.

I'll go with Carnotaurus, since its speed and manoeuvrability should give it a crucial edge - but I can see this one going either way.

Hence, why I reserve short arm jokes for Carnotaurus.
This is one fight I've always been interested in seeing. Both are about the same size, were formidable creatures in their own right, and both have four syllables in the genus name.
I myself think it could go either way. They're really evenly matched.
I honestly think it's going to come down to if the carnotaur can bite pelorovis before pelorovis can stab it with it's mighty horns.

also, I can't help but picture somebody with a huge beast of a truck with pelorovis horns on the hood :P
(10-20-2020, 12:46 AM)Spook of the lost Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly think it's going to come down to if the carnotaur can bite pelorovis before pelorovis can stab it with it's mighty horns.

also, I can't help but picture somebody with a huge beast of a truck with pelorovis horns on the hood :P

Gosh, that truck would be quite something :lol: .

Though, I do wonder whether the horns might leave an easy target for Carnotaurus to bite onto. (That is, if the predator is smart enough - which it might not be :lol: !)

I also wonder how fast the Pelorovis can run: it looks very bulky, but I don't know how much of its weight is muscle. Sadly, a Google search returned nothing here :( .
I would guess about the same speed as a rhinoceros.
PS This would make good background music:
Carnotaurus might win if it tore out a chunk of the buffalo’s flank.