The Coffee House

Full Version: Microsoft buys Bethesda for $7.5bn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/54233235

Xbox-owner Microsoft has acquired the games company behind blockbuster titles including Doom, Fallout, Skyrim and Wolfenstein.

It is paying $7.5bn (£5.85bn) for Bethesda's parent ZeniMax Media.

Xbox has said that the publisher's franchises would be added to its Game Pass subscription package for consoles and PCs.

This could help make the forthcoming Xbox Series X more attractive than the PlayStation 5 to some players.

Both machines are due to launch in November.

Quite a major acquisition - but, one I'm a bit worried about. I just hope it doesn't ruin The Elder Scrolls VI :( .

On another note, if this does succeed at making the Xbox Series X more attractive than the PS5... then, how does Sony respond?
I was mad at this but I found out it is actually good news! Xbox has that game pass so you will be able to play TES VI for $5 a month and it won't be sold for an outrageous price. Also the game probably won't be as buggy. I'm glad this happened. It's not like Bethesda will be completely erased from existence. I'm looking forward to see what Microsoft has in store for TES. They will able to fund a lot of big Bethesda projects for their games. I'm wondering if they will redo Morrowind. :thinking: However, I hope they don't release a game called The Elder Scrolls VI: Call of Duty Edition. :P
(09-21-2020, 06:03 PM)Nilla Wrote: [ -> ]However, I hope they don't release a game called The Elder Scrolls VI: Call of Duty Edition. :P

What if they do it the other way around, and release "Call of Duty: Cliff Racer Edition" :P ?
My question is, if Bethesda effs up a game; does Xbox apologize for it now?? xp
(09-21-2020, 06:12 PM)Kyng Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-21-2020, 06:03 PM)Nilla Wrote: [ -> ]However, I hope they don't release a game called The Elder Scrolls VI: Call of Duty Edition. :P

What if they do it the other way around, and release "Call of Duty: Cliff Racer Edition" :P ?

..Then they can expect a lawsuit for cruel and unusual punishment and harassment towards their players.
Well it would be more like Elder Scrolls VI: Halo Edition. :P Activision would be sue happy if they used Call of Duty. :P
(09-21-2020, 06:20 PM)queen misdreavus Wrote: [ -> ]My question is, if Bethesda effs up a game; does Xbox apologize for it now?? xp

Doubtful. As far as I'm aware Xbox didn't address the Halo: Infinite issues, and instead 343 did.