The Coffee House

Full Version: Curtains, blinds, etc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We don't want our windows to be letting light in constantly: sometimes we want to block out an annoying glare, and sometimes we just want privacy :P . Therefore, many of our windows will be equipped with curtains, blinds, or similar to allow you to do this. What are yours like?

In my room,I actually have both: the curtains are dark blue and space-themed (to match one of my bed sheets), while the blind is light green. Unfortunately, the window blind is a bit broken and prone to falling down - which it did today -_- .

So, what about you?
The kitchen and bathroom have blinds. Nets and curtains in the room. Upstairs, just curtains as it's too high up for anyone to see in. We are in a maisonette at the moment, waiting for a house.
I have both in my room. I blue blinds or whatever you want to call it. Its nice cause it slides down easy but not blinds per say, as there's no like gaps in between just the blue cloth or whatever. I really need to get another color to match my room. The curtains are a pale yellow with roses.
Well, I gave up on the blind in the end :lol: . I still have it at the back of my room, but it's no longer in the window: I got fed up of replacing it every time it fell out.

Don't know whether I'll ever get a new one, but I don't have any plans to do so right now.
Mostly have curtains. We have a blind in our kitchen though and an additional net curtain in the living room.
I should also add, the blind in my sister's room is broken as well :facepalm: .

It's still installed, but when I try to pull it up, it won't stay up... it immediately falls down again.

I've managed to wedge the bottom of it inside the cord, so it at least stays half-open - but, it's not exactly a good solution!
I want my bedroom super dark ideally though I can handle a tiny bit of light. The rest of the house I'm not as picky.
We have lightweight curtains. We live rural & wooded so nobody will be looking in. I keep them open for the most part. One bedroom has blinds.