The Coffee House

Full Version: Character deaths that you never got over
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Are there any character deaths that you thought was unnecessary? Or, perhaps it was a character you loved that died?

Grey's Anatomy

Spoiler

Harry Potter

Spoiler

The Hunger Games

Spoiler

Skins

Spoiler

Stranger Things

Spoiler

I know I have more examples that I could probably think of later but this is a good start.

You?
The Walking Dead comic
Professor Layton and the Lost Future
: I edited that post to remove the character's name from the spoiler title bar. (After all, if you're going to put the character's name in there, where it's visible to everyone, then it rather defeats the point of having the spoiler tag to begin with :P !)

Anyway, here's an example of my own:

Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame
Grey's Anatomy

Spoiler

--------------------------

V: The 2009 Series

Spoiler

------------------------

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Spoiler
(05-04-2020, 05:25 PM)Kim Winchester Wrote: [ -> ]Grey's Anatomy

Spoiler

I'm glad that we both agree with this one. It's awesome that you've watched it too!

Also...

Killing Eve

Spoiler

Riverdale

Spoiler
I agree with you as far as Fred's death. I use to watch Luke on Beverly Hills 90210. I was in my early 20s back then so his death hit me hard. I was a fan of his.
First ones I think of are a few deaths in the Harry Potter books. Some were so unnecessary! (Added to the fact J.K. can be a bit flighty with her decisions... I reckon some might have survived had she been in a better mood at the time.)
(05-10-2020, 04:52 PM)Opal Fruit Wrote: [ -> ]First ones I think of are a few deaths in the Harry Potter books. Some were so unnecessary! (Added to the fact J.K. can be a bit flighty with her decisions... I reckon some might have survived had she been in a better mood at the time.)

That is a very good point, especially in the massive battle at the end. Maybe she wanted to demonstrate the consequences of war... or she was feeling evil, haha.
(05-11-2020, 02:34 AM)Shiny Star Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2020, 04:52 PM)Opal Fruit Wrote: [ -> ]First ones I think of are a few deaths in the Harry Potter books. Some were so unnecessary! (Added to the fact J.K. can be a bit flighty with her decisions... I reckon some might have survived had she been in a better mood at the time.)

That is a very good point, especially in the massive battle at the end. Maybe she wanted to demonstrate the consequences of war... or she was feeling evil, haha.

Yeah, I think there had to be a lot of deaths in the final battle - including some beloved characters - in order to drive that point home.

Still, I do recall reading that:

Spoiler
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5